Mobile payments?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you used NFC on the 822 to make a payment at a store? I can't get a clear answer whether or not this is actually able to be done yet.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you used NFC on the 822 to make a payment at a store? I can't get a clear answer whether or not this is actually able to be done yet.

I have a Nokia lumia 622 and until O2 UK produce the app to do this than it is a no no

Sent from my N70 using Tapatalk HD

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand Verizon requires a secure sim. I can't determine if the current sim is the required sim or not. I suspect Verizon is going to require us to use Isis for mobile payments. I think they are rolling that out with an app for android and iphone.

ikinal

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I am also eagerly waiting for this. My understanding of this is as follows: It is Windows Phone that requires a secure SIM card and using an app in the Microsoft Wallet to enable mobile payments. Unless you somehow got a SIM from the markets where Verizon has piloted ISIS, you don't have a secure SIM card. I heard that ISIS will eventually be released as a Microsoft Wallet app, although it is currently only available for Android in the test markets. It is unclear to me whether someone else could write the necessary Microsoft Wallet app to interface with the Verizon secure SIM card, or if it will be locked to ISIS - somehow I imagine it will be locked, making ISIS the only way of using this feature on Verizon's network.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I am also eagerly waiting for this. My understanding of this is as follows: It is Windows Phone that requires a secure SIM card and using an app in the Microsoft Wallet to enable mobile payments. Unless you somehow got a SIM from the markets where Verizon has piloted ISIS, you don't have a secure SIM card. I heard that ISIS will eventually be released as a Microsoft Wallet app, although it is currently only available for Android in the test markets. It is unclear to me whether someone else could write the necessary Microsoft Wallet app to interface with the Verizon secure SIM card, or if it will be locked to ISIS - somehow I imagine it will be locked, making ISIS the only way of using this feature on Verizon's network.

Thanks! What's aggravating is Isis is only available in two cities plus they already have an android app and probably an iPhone app. It will probably be a while before Isis makes it's way to my area.

ikinal

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, my understanding is that those two cities are simply test cities, and that ISIS will launch nationwide within a few months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)