Nokia HERE Maps crashing after yesterdays update

crazie

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some issues regarding Drive+ and the 920, but I've been having issues with HERE maps and my 822.

Since the update (or, renaming, if you will), the app crashes immediately after loading. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalled - recommended by Nokia - with no luck. Now, instead of crashing in the map view immediately after opening, it crashes when I press "Start" at the welcome screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It took me a few tries today to get drive to work for me today it crashed a few times before I got it to work. Probable a few bugs I am sure Nokia will work them out.

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Seems as if nokias having problems with their windows phones more than HTC.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Worked just fine for me. I just got back in town and updated when I was gone. Used the Here drive and maps apps just fine Monday and Tuesday.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Worked just fine for me. I just got back in town and updated when I was gone. Used the Here drive and maps apps just fine Monday and Tuesday.

same here and i also noticed that my location is getting better its only off by a house now before it was off by a couple of blocks....lol

its a work in progress and seems to be getting better with the updates

Antistatic

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some issues regarding Drive+ and the 920, but I've been having issues with HERE maps and my 822.

Since the update (or, renaming, if you will), the app crashes immediately after loading. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalled - recommended by Nokia - with no luck. Now, instead of crashing in the map view immediately after opening, it crashes when I press "Start" at the welcome screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Yes.... I experienced the same on my Lumia 920.
The last time it worked i changed some of the settings of POI in the map. Since i like to show gas stations, parking, and hospitals i changed the settings for this.... And right after that the Here Drive crashed at the next startup!
Did you by any chance adjusted the same settings?

Also read here:
HERE Drive + Beta constantly crashes after upgrade... - Nokia Support Discussions

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
HERE Maps no longer can find my location, on WiFi or Mobile Data.

Also EVERY time I start the app, I have to tick the agreement.

crazie

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Well......miraculously, it started working fine today. I had already contacted Nokia and they were elevating the issue to the proper technical team. I had to contact them to call off the dogs, so-to-speak. I didn't do anything different. Initially, they had me uninstall and reinstall the app, which made it worse.

At first, the app opened, found my location, then crashed. After the uninstall/reinstall, it showed the welcome screen, I pressed "Start", then it crashed. Today, it just works. I'm glad it's up and running, but I can't stand it when something doesn't stay broken until it's repaired.

Again, no issues with any other HERE apps. I've seen some of the nightmares the 920 owners are experiencing, and it looks a little more painful than what happened to me.

John Kern

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I lost my "Here drive " program when I downloaded the windows 10 preview on my Nokia 1020. is there a fix for this problem or another program I can use to replace it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros