Verizon 822 OS update aka Portico + new firmware is now live

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this too. Interesting as I know some people have been using the phone on ATT.....will be interesting to see if they can get data after this update ????

I'm using the phone outside the US and the update removed the option to add internet/mms apn. I'm also unable to send sms.

May have to reset the phone and turn down updates in the future.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm really annoyed that it won't download without a wifi connection.

I was rather annoyed at it as well... The update was released just before I went out to lunch, so I looked for places with free wifi, but none of them were good enough connections to get the job done, so I had to wait until I got home to do it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the phone outside the US and the update removed the option to add internet/mms apn. I'm also unable to send sms.

May have to reset the phone and turn down updates in the future.

If you ran the update and you're hoping to reset the phone to undo the update, you'll be disappointed. The update won't be undone by a reset.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
So nice to install an update and not have to start from scratch. Everything seems ok so far. Battery is worse, likely due to WiFi being on all the time now. But that can be toggled.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering why my phone's battery was draining so quickly after the update; runs about a day on a charge. Completely forgot that WiFi is always on. Turning off WiFi always on and see if that's the culprit.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any real change in the battery even with the WiFi always on.
My battery level has been constant; not dropping since turning off WiFi, been at 32% since my initial post above. Not sure if connecting to my WiFi N network adds to the issue or not.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery level has been constant; not dropping since turning off WiFi, been at 32% since my initial post above. Not sure if connecting to my WiFi N network adds to the issue or not.

Odd. I'm not positive about this, but I would imagine the WiFi only truly stays on when something is being downloaded. Like say you're downloading something on your phone with it on, you then turn off the screen and it only continues to use WiFi until the download is finished. I could be wrong, but this only seems logical to me.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I still haven't received the Over The Air update for my Verizon L 822 for Portico? I've read about others flashing and then having issues. I don't remember reading anyone saying they were notified on the Store Tile and then did the OTA update of Portico on the Verizon L 822? Could other Vz L 822 tell us if they have Portico and how?

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings, then scroll down to "phone update" and select "check for updates". Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi, as the download is quite large. As always, it's a good idea to have the phone plugged in, as you definitely don't want it to power off while updating! After all done, reboots and all, in Settings -> About - > more info, your OS version should be 8.0.10211.204

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings, then scroll down to "phone update" and select "check for updates". Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi, as the download is quite large. As always, it's a good idea to have the phone plugged in, as you definitely don't want it to power off while updating! After all done, reboots and all, in Settings -> About - > more info, your OS version should be 8.0.10211.204
I just tried this and all I get is "your phone is up to date". WiFi is on. Don't know why it won't show up...

jana8899

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi badcat,
You should be checking for the firmware version, not the OS version. The firmware version should be: 1532.5951.1250.1012. Is this the firmware version you have?
Jana at Nokia

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi badcat,
You should be checking for the firmware version, not the OS version. The firmware version should be: 1532.5951.1250.1012. Is this the firmware version you have?
Jana at Nokia
Hi jana, My firmware is at 1532.5951.1250.1012 so I guess I'm all set. Thanks for your post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6