Saw My First WP in the Wild Today

ItsLogan

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Very cool. I have only seen a few ever since I got my Lumia 900 last April. I've seen one person with a 900, someone with a 710, and someone with an 822. I would love to see more people carrying Windows Phones with them though.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I definitely hope to see more in the future. I hate explaining to people what my phone is since no one has any idea what Windows Phone is.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I saw two 920s yesterday at my kids performance and then saw two more WP devices at the restaurant right after. It was freaky. :-O

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was walking to a table in a Sonny's BBQ last week (in Buford, GA), and as I was walking past one table (the one adjacent to the one we ended up at), I heard the telltale sound of a Windows Phone getting a text. I said, "That sounds like a Windows Phone" and turned around to show the guy the Windows Phone t-shirt that I was wearing. ;)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was at my favorite bar last night and saw a couple who each had white Lumia 920's... The guy had a cyan case on his and the girl's was naked.... Anyhow, I wanted to go say hi and offer to buy them a copy of my app if they were Beer Knurds, but my wife nixed that idea. Anyhow, I think they noticed my 920 cause they kept looking over at us whenever my wife and I were using our phones 😎

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a lot of Windows Phone around here. Each and every time I see one I haven't held before I ask if I can hold it. Held my first Dell Venue Pro the other day. Always had a crush on that phone! <3

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The text message sound is a dead giveaway. I was going into a restaurant a few weeks back, following the hostess, and as we were just about to pass a table, I heard it, and said, "That sounds like a Windows Phone." The older guy at the table asked the younger woman (turned out to be his daughter), "Is that a Windows Phone?" She got really snarky and said, "Yeah," as I turned so the father could see the logo on my Windows Phone t-shirt. It was a California Blue 8x.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I saw my first WP8 device in the wild recently, too! It was a Samsung Ativ S and it looked a little scratched at the edges. It's screen was truly special - big and bold colours made it stand out. Oddly enough whoever the owner was (I only saw it sat on a counter) they had arranged the start screen to be a series of tiles like in WP7. To each their own I guess. Still nice seeing another Wp8 device in the UK.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I see one every day, a Lumia 822. Oh wait, that's my mine... :smile: I have yet to see one in the wild except for a Verizon rep that was toting an 8X. I hope to see more, at work it's a sea of iPhones with a random Android here and there.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There are a few people I work with who have WP devices. One is a sister-in-law to a Microsoft employee, so I don't really count her. Another has a Focus, and has had it for a while, and likes it. Another guy bought a 920 on launch day, but took it back because he hated it (he's a guy very resistant to change), and went back to his Virus Phone.

At my church, though, there are 10 or 12 people with WP devices if you count my wife and myself. There have been two who switched from WP to iPhone (and I don't preach against iPhone like I do Android Virus Phone). There is one who hates her Focus (she's one of those people who won't give you a chance to show her how to make it do what she wants it to do) and is going to get an iPhone. But other than her, the rest who have WP (which is probably more than 10% of the church), love it. One of the ones who switched to iPhone loved her Focus, but switched because her in-laws got iPhones and they wanted to do Face Time.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I saw a guy with a red 8X on the way to school last week. I think he was a student as well, which is pretty rare. Almost everyone at UCLA has an Iphone of some sort.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
About two months ago, I saw a guy on the same train as me in the NYC subway with a white Lumia 920. My best friend, who was with me, actually pointed it out to me. I thought that was pretty cool because it was the first time I'd seen someone other than myself with a WP8 phone.

rwcrossman

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have seen 3 other people with 920s one black, one yellow, and one white, I've also seen 2 Verizon 822s and my girlfriends Uncle just switched his family over to 820s he's still rocking his Samsung running wp7.5

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap, not 1 but 2 WP at different tables at the Saucer... One guy with an 8X and the other table has either a 900 or 920.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon