Will Verizon Replace my Faulty Device?

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden my keeps shutting itself down and makes me have to pull the battery and put it back in to reboot. Also, sometimes the signal will drop entirely where my friends phone (same carrier) has full bars. Is there anyway for me to fix this without having to get a replacement? Is what I explained covered by my warranty?

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I would not talk about bars but take it to the store when it is shut down and would not wake up, without taking the battery out. They should see it is toast and mail you a replacement (might be a refurb but they are usually in great shape). If you are within 14 days, they will replace in store.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated it to Portico? My mom's had the same problem and it always reset when we did the "soft" reset - hold the volume down button and the power button down at the same time for 10 seconds. It likely will reboot at that point.

For my mom, the problem went away with a hard system reset. If you enable the backup in the Settings list then you can restore your apps, settings, and text messages after a reset (app data will be lost and make sure any music and photos are backed up).

Even after that, the phone would still occasionally restart itself - Portico fixed that.

Try that. If it's still a problem then I would suggest trying to call Nokia before you deal with Verizon. If it's within a year of purchase, Nokia probably will respond. 90 days and it's a guarantee. I've seen reports of people with problems contacting Nokia and getting a brand new phone overnighted to them at no cost with a pre-paid return container for the problem phone.

Hope this helps!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, in case you're not aware of how updates work... Over a period of weeks, everyone will eventually get a pop-up that there is an update available. Of you haven't gotten it, though, you don't have to wait. Go to settings, phone update, and tap the check for updates button. Be prepared to mot use the phone for an hour or so, but it may not take that long. The fuller the storage, the longer it takes, it seems. Mine only had about a gig left, and took about 90 minutes.

Also, make sure you have a charged battery and/or plug in, as it will be processing that whole time, even if the screen is off most of the time. Battery use will be noticeable.

MorbidFun

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My experience has been positive. I called and explained the problem I was having, that I performed all the troubleshooting steps found in their forums, and I still have the problem after the Portico update. The tech support rep sent me a replacement with no hassles. I received it Tuesday 3/5 and so far have not experienced the problem again.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has always treated me really well when I've had problems with my phones. I had an 822 replaced a couple of times under warranty and when the last one acted up they let me switch to an 8X. It took them three tries to get a good 8X to me, but they worked with me really well. I have nothing but good things to say about Verizon customer service.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has always treated me really well when I've had problems with my phones. I had an 822 replaced a couple of times under warranty and when the last one acted up they let me switch to an 8X. It took them three tries to get a good 8X to me, but they worked with me really well. I have nothing but good things to say about Verizon customer service.

could you please specify what you told Verizon was wrong with your L822?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
could you please specify what you told Verizon was wrong with your L822?

The 822 I bought on launch day dropped cell signal and data connection randomly, it locked up and occasionally rebooted. Verizon sent me another one. Second one did the same thing, so they let me switch to the 8X.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
The 822 I bought on launch day dropped cell signal and data connection randomly, it locked up and occasionally rebooted. Verizon sent me another one. Second one did the same thing, so they let me switch to the 8X.

did you go to a local store or did you call them?

mjmartin01

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
what's the number for Nokia. I purchased my phone from walmart wireless and they told me to contact Nokia. I 've had the phone since November 30. It seems whenver I try to add an app then it will shut itself off. Really annoying that I can't have any apps or games on my phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
what's the number for Nokia. I purchased my phone from walmart wireless and they told me to contact Nokia. I 've had the phone since November 30. It seems whenver I try to add an app then it will shut itself off. Really annoying that I can't have any apps or games on my phone.

Have you done a factory reset of the phone? I'm certain they won't replace without you having done that first, to see if the problem goes away.

jbwingsup

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If it the white 822, I have seen those keep resetting right out of the box. We have been doa them because even after a reset does not fix the issue. The rep should be able to help with that issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99