lumia 820 cant send sms after portico update

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
YES... 3G and SMS works on my White Lumia 822. Carrier: Cable & Wireless Panam?
Just use the Nokia Access Point app.

SO Version 8.0.10211.204
Firmware .1012

As Ricardo mentioned, you can send SMS using the new software, as long as you download the Access Point App from the windows store. If you search for it on your phone, it may not appear in the windows store, so you can use this QR code instead(go to camera mode, options, select Bing Vision, that should direct you to download the app). Access Point will appear in your settings, near the bottom.
qraccesspoint.jpg

Direct URL: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Ricardo, does the Access Point automatically give you the alternative carriers settings with the SIM card inserted or do they have to be entered manually in Access Point?

Jacobo23

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I still can?t make SMS work, everything works well except that. I updated my phone and installed the newest Acces Point app, it automatically gave me my carrier settings which didn't work and also entered them manually and failed again. What could be the reason, should I restore factory settings?

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I still can?t make SMS work, everything works well except that. I updated my phone and installed the newest Acces Point app, it automatically gave me my carrier settings which didn't work and also entered them manually and failed again. What could be the reason, should I restore factory settings?

Verizon is supposed to have WP8 updates by the end of the month, and this could be one one of the included fixes. Doing a hard reset to restore to factory settings will not bring back the old firmware. You would have to use the Nokia Care Suite to downgrade the firmware and use the procedure others posted in this thread. However, some have bricked their phones using this method. But if you decide to do it, make sure you're phone is fully charged.

What carrier do you have? Maybe someone else with the same carrier has had success.

Jacobo23

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
This latest update of acces point didn't help with the sms either, I hope the next software update fixes it. Any news when it is going to be out for the 822?

lord dredd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help me
I am having the random shutoff bug in my 822
it turns off itself and i have to soft reset it to bring back to life :(

is there any fix plz help

regards

Jacobo23

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help me
I am having the random shutoff bug in my 822
it turns off itself and i have to soft reset it to bring back to life :(

is there any fix plz help

regards

I also have this problem, mine shuts off at night and rarely on evenings. I solved it by turning off location at night before going to sleep, since then I've not had any issue for 5 days so far. Hope they fix it with GDR2 along with the SMS problem.

lord dredd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have switched off practically everything, no background syncing,
I tv has shown some improvement, lets See what happens.
Btw when are we expecting gdr2

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

lord dredd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
What? You got the portico update today? Try soft reset. Power key+volume down key

Who said anything about getting portico today? I have flashed the phone back to order firmware and will keep it on it till gdr2 hits.
I said that been having random. Shutoff.
I know about hard and soft resets, been asking for a solution to the actual issue of random shutdowns especially when the phone is idle ans screen is off

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm very hopeful that Verizon's Amber/GDR2 update will allow me to freely send txt messages and use 3G without having to flash my 822 to the .0003 firmware. :cool:

Oh I forgot!! My 822 got stolen weeks ago... :cry:

Anyway, if the update is good then I may be prompted to buy another 822. :winktongue:

papabrun48

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 822 cant send sms or recieve internet

I cant sms or get internet after installing new straight talk sim today my firmware is .00003 carrier used to be verizon and i have changed apn only problem i have is entering port#. straight talk is no help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb