lumia 820 cant send sms after portico update

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a lumia 822 in Europe. Its unlocked, originally on Verizon. It was working fine until I updated it with the latest version of wp8 (portico update). Now I can't send SMS whatsoever. I can however receive and make calls and I can also receive sms. Does anyone else have this problem, or any solution? I've hard reset and checked service number but nothing has helped

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw your idea and i tried that first, but unfortunately it didn't work. I've tried a soft and hard reset but to no avail. I'm hoping this gets some momentum on wpcentral so somebody might figure out a fix. Is there anyway of undoing an update

hthntts

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, Nokia 822- internet is good, calling is good, can receive text message just can't send them. I hope this problem gets resolved. Use without Update ?

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm using lumia 822 verizon unlocked. Facing the same issue after portico update. I'm receiving all messages, but cant send any. getting SMS ERROR : 10

Alexandru Manu

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem...I cannot send sms exept for those to short service number,could not connect to internet from sim and the nfc is not working properly.SO : DO NOT make the puerto rico update.BIG Fail for microsoft

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having internet connection prob. from sim too!!! Have a smartphone.. that dont connect to internet and send out sms!! :( really smart........... :(

Please Nokia/Mocrosoft... Bring a fix ASAP.... Lot of people are facing this issue after the portico update...

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Anupam P

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem after portico update.Was not able to send sms. I am using 822 in India and what I notice is when I turn on sms delivery message, I get the message that mobile operator cannot send your message(something like that). Now here interseting point is , if I want to message at say +91 1234567890 then the error message from mobile operator says it cannot deliver to #011+91 1234567890 right now. So it automatically adds #011(in my case as prefix) and hence message never gets send. You can verify from your side if that happens.
As for the solution I flashed the firmware to the original one and now I am able to send sms again.May be older firmware has some bugs, but still I can use call, messaging data with ease now. I still prefer to use these fascilities first. Others like gaming music etc are secondary. I am going to stay on original firmware until something concrete for this problem comes.
hope this helps you all

madhi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
i too reverted to the old firmware as anupam suggested. now everything works as it should. till a solution is found for portico sms problem, better stick with the earlier firmware or flash it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99