Contacts stored in Hotmail - any way to avoid?

Joanna2473

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am new to smart phones, so I am not sure why everything has to be connected to an email address I have no intention of ever using (hotmail). The most concerning is having all my contacts from my phone stored there. I already have the backup assistant. I have confidential clients whose first name and phone number are entered into my phone for a few days and then erased. I just don't trust that they aren't being grabbed by hotmail and used to entice me to "friend" them through facebook - which is what happened to my contacts in gmail, even though I had set the settings to NOT do that. If that is a possibility, the phone goes back, period.

Any way to turn that link off?

Thanks.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, just don't store them on Hotmail. Store them on phone. Every time you create a new contact, you will be asked if you want to store it to one of your email's contact book or phone. Select phone and they stay locally on your phone. Everything is linked to email because most of users like the way everything stays backed up and all they have to do is log in to the phone with an email address to get it all back on the same device or another new device.

Joanna2473

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU! What I didn't realize is that every contact entered prior to getting this phone went to hotmail automatically, but there have been a few contacts I have entered since then and chose only the backup assistant, and sure enough they are not on my contact list in hotmail.
I love my smart phone but I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to being connected - don't want my phone to connect to anything I can avoid.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
THANK YOU! What I didn't realize is that every contact entered prior to getting this phone went to hotmail automatically, but there have been a few contacts I have entered since then and chose only the backup assistant, and sure enough they are not on my contact list in hotmail.
I love my smart phone but I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to being connected - don't want my phone to connect to anything I can avoid.
You aaren't the one working for MI5 who was looking for me, are ya? :p

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234