2012 Dodge Charger, UConnect and Bluetooth connections

Charger822

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
When I attempt to use voice recognition in the texting app of my 822 when connected to Bluetooth via U Connect in Dodge, the phone takes over the voice system of my car instead of staying in the text mode. I don't want it to do this. I don't type texting when I drive, but it is great to be able to speak my text.
My other phone, Android, Jelly Bean, Motorola Razr Maxx, does not do this.

Any hints or suggestions?

Is there a way to separate Phone and Media connectivity in the WP8 or Nokia system? Is this perhaps part of the issue.

On a side note, Android voice recognition understood punctuation. I would say "period, comma" etc. and get punctuation. With WP8, I get the word comma or period. Annoying.

pa2k4p

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My HTC Trophy did the same thing with my 2013 Charger UConnect 8.4

My Nokia 822 doesn't get the Uconnect text interpreter at all, which I like, but playing music over Bluetooth sucks bad. Overall, my Bluetooth experience with the HTC Trophy was 100% better than the Nokia. I'm very very surprised and disappointed in that aspect...

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 Dodge Dart with the Uconnect 8.4 system. I also went from a HTC Trophy to a Nokia 822. The Trophy worked fine- I could use either Uconnect's texting system or the phones's over bluetooth. The phone's texting always took over- all I had to do was change the phone to vibrate mode and then you can just use Uconnect's texting feature. Bluetooth audio worked of too. Now that I have the Nokia 822, the phone's texting workd fine over bluetooth but the Uconnect's texting is grayed out and says my phone is not supported. The bluetooth audio is also messed up with thw Nokia- it pauses after every song and sometimes it will just lock up the whole phone. The Trophy so far was a better experience with the Uconnect system. I am hoping that maybe with phone updates and Uconnect updates this will eventually correct itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos