Our corporate email is hosted by Microsoft Hosted Exchange. My 822 and another company 822 have been working great since purchased in November. I recently set up 3 more 822's. We are getting random Active Sync issues. Going into email, one guy's 822 said last sync was 4 hours ago. The second hadn't synched in 22 hours. Rebooting the phone generally solves the problem for a while. Might be OK for a day, then on the second day it can't sync. I just did a factory reset on the 3rd 822 per Verizon's suggestion. We'll see if this works in the next couple of days. I have 1 last 822 to set up. It came in with the other 3 problem 822's.

Is anyone else seeing Active Sync issues? No problems on our iPhones, Androids, and one remaining BlackBerry Curve.

Thanks,
    Mark
    04-15-2013 01:52 PM
    A few questions for you:

When you say "Microsoft Hosted Exchange" I take it you mean "Office 365 / Exchange Online"?

If that's a yes, I have a few more questions:

- Is it a "new" version of Exchange Online? If you log into OWA (Outlook Web App) - is it white/blue themed by default? Kind of like this? If so - can you tell me the server name the account is set to connect to? (On the phone Settings > Email + accounts > tap on the email account in question and scroll down to see the name of the server)
    - Does the problem happen only over LTE connection or also over WiFi?
    - Is there an error code that gets displayed on the phone after it fails to sync? You should see it if you go into the email account that fails to sync after you try to kick it off manually, for example, after a few minutes a code should show
    Last edited by bigboy29; 04-15-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    Laura Knotek and Talldog like this.
    04-15-2013 08:39 PM
    bigboy29 -

Thanks for the response!

Exchange Online Plan 1

OWA is white/blue themed (MS moved from old OWA to new OWA between our 3 or 4 day trial period and when we went live)

Server = outlook.office365.com

Error code: 80072EE2

We've turned WiFi off, but the problem remains.

My phone is a twin. All firmware and OS settings identical. All sync settings identical. Our guys travel and are often in remote areas with no LTE. I'm hardly (if ever) out of LTE service.

Working with VZW on this, but no luck so far.

Thanks again,
    Mark
    04-16-2013 09:27 AM
    PM sent.

If someone else is in this same boat (sync issues to Exchange Online) - PM me for a workaround. I don't want to post it here as it requires manual configuration changes now and could result in issues down the road if not reverted back once the problem is resolved.
    04-16-2013 12:58 PM
    bigboy29 - I made the server change to two of our affected phones. I should know within 24 hours if that solves the problem.

I don't understand why our two older 822s, our Trophy, 10 iPhones, Stratosphere, Thunderbolt, and Curve are not affected.

Thanks again,
    Mark
    04-16-2013 04:17 PM
    bigboy29's fix has solved our Active Sync problem. Thank you bigboy29!

Nothing from Verizon yet.

Thanks,
    Mark L. Cooper
    04-19-2013 07:25 AM
    I have a similar problem though we are using Exchange 2010 Service pack 3. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    04-09-2014 03:19 PM