Ok, lets say I download music from the internet on my Lumia 822 & it successfully downloads. But then I go to my music, I look for the song, and its not there. Where is the music?
    04-20-2013 09:01 AM
    It would be helpful to know where you're trying to download it from. If you're downloading directly to your device you have only 2 options: Nokia Music and Xbox Music/WP Store. If you want music from another source, like a band's website or Rhapsody, etc, you will need to download it on your computer and then transfer it to your phone. Only DRM free files will work, though. (ie: tracks purchased through iTunes)

This is an excellent opportunity for you to try out Microsoft's Xbox Music Pass. For USD $10/month or $100/year (or whatever the rate is where you're located) you get unlimited streaming and downloading from their library of over 28 million songs. If you have a W8 or Windows RT device or an Xbox 360 you can access the music via the cloud. (streaming on Xbox 360 requires a gold subscription) I use the service to download music to my phone, and not having to pay per track/album frees me to experience as much music as my data cap will allow. If I hear a song I like on the radio, I hit the search button on the phone and then hit the virtual music button at the bottom of the search screen. It will listen to the song briefly, identify it, and give you a link to the WP Store to download it. If you aren't subscribed to Xbox Music Pass, this will still work but you will have to pay for the track via credit card. If you've set one up with the Wallet app to buy apps from the store, it can just use that card automatically. Since I do have the Music pass, I will usually opt to download the whole album and check it out. (I really love music) Unless you have unlimited data, though, I highly recommend reserving music downloads for WiFi... I went over my data cap last month to the tune of about $14 CAD in overage charges. :'(

Hope you're loving your phone, and welcome to WP!
    BlackStarRng3 likes this.
    04-20-2013 10:08 AM
    It would be helpful to know where you're trying to download it from. If you're downloading directly to your device you have only 2 options: Nokia Music and Xbox Music/WP Store. If you want music from another source, like a band's website or Rhapsody, etc, you will need to download it on your computer and then transfer it to your phone. Only DRM free files will work, though. (ie: tracks purchased through iTunes)

This is an excellent opportunity for you to try out Microsoft's Xbox Music Pass. For USD $10/month or $100/year (or whatever the rate is where you're located) you get unlimited streaming and downloading from their library of over 28 million songs. If you have a W8 or Windows RT device or an Xbox 360 you can access the music via the cloud. (streaming on Xbox 360 requires a gold subscription) I use the service to download music to my phone, and not having to pay per track/album frees me to experience as much music as my data cap will allow. If I hear a song I like on the radio, I hit the search button on the phone and then hit the virtual music button at the bottom of the search screen. It will listen to the song briefly, identify it, and give you a link to the WP Store to download it. If you aren't subscribed to Xbox Music Pass, this will still work but you will have to pay for the track via credit card. If you've set one up with the Wallet app to buy apps from the store, it can just use that card automatically. Since I do have the Music pass, I will usually opt to download the whole album and check it out. (I really love music) Unless you have unlimited data, though, I highly recommend reserving music downloads for WiFi... I went over my data cap last month to the tune of about $14 CAD in overage charges. :'(

Hope you're loving your phone, and welcome to WP!
    Not sure how Rhapsody works, but there are couple of music apps download mp3 into the music folder. Can be view and play by the app itselfs but cannot be seen by the XM or NM.
    04-21-2013 06:45 PM
    You can download audiotica and find a song you like and download it and it saves to your music library. Or you can download UC browser and search for a music site (what ever site you like downloading music from) and Download the mp3 and it saves directly to your music library!!! You can Download both apps from the windows store. Hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    05-28-2013 12:00 AM
    You can download audiotica and find a song you like and download it and it saves to your music library. Or you can download UC browser and search for a music site (what ever site you like downloading music from) and Download the mp3 and it saves directly to your music library!!! You can Download both apps from the windows store. Hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ
    do you know if UC browser can do that on WP 7.x? I tried but maybe I did something wrong or just didn't look hard enough:)
    05-28-2013 12:17 AM
    do you know if UC browser can do that on WP 7.x? I tried but maybe I did something wrong or just didn't look hard enough:)
    You cant do that on wp7 version.
    raccoon210 likes this.
    05-28-2013 12:28 AM