New (to me) 822 - Long sleep causes power down

roguedog

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this is already answered somewhere. Did try search and didn't find something similar.

Just received a phone off ebay and seems like when I leave it overnight to charge back up, in the morning (only had it 2 days) the phone is totally dead. Won't power up unless I pull the battery then it seems fine.

Is this a known issue? Do I need a new battery? If so, any suggestions for replacements?

Thanks!

5/6 Update: Renaming thread since the phone seems fine throughout the day but 2 night when it likely goes into sleep mode for a "long" period of time, it seems to power down and then requires a battery pull to come back. Not sure if this is related to the random power down thread..

Last edited:

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: New (to me) 822 - Dies when fully charged?

My girlfriend had an 822 for a week, brand new, and it would just shut off overnight relatively often. I think its a known issue at VZW and is going to get fixed in a firmware update. That said, we returned it and got an 8x

roguedog

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: New (to me) 822 - Dies when fully charged?

Yep. 2nd hand (ebay). I know.. "anything could have happened." This is why I want to find out if it's a known issue or potentially bad battery or whatever else from this community :). After I pull battery it's been fine and normal all day today.

Nathan Taylor1

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Might be your password/pin, if you are using one.
I had been having a similar issue up until recently. went through 2 or 3 different phones (not sure if I got my old one or a replacement one of the times.) before I finally figured it out.
Before, I always used a password, and I would occasionaly have to pull my protective case off to pull the battery. Very irritating. Ever since I stopped using a password, I haven't had the issue.
Don't know why this would happen, but it was the only thing I could think of that was different about my phone vs my wife's phone (same phone bought the same day.), since she hadn't been having that problem.
Hope this helps, :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett