Nokia Lumia 822 (Speaker phone is the only way to talk)

George

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 822 My friend got this phone a few months ago. And the only way to answer or make phone calls is in Speaker Phone mode. She got her phone replaced and it worked fine in the store. But has the same problem after she walked out. What is the problem? Hard ware or soft ware? Is there a fix?

Because mine did the same thing last night. I turned it off and was fine. But I'm afraid it will happen again. And yes, I don't turn my phone off ever. Is that the problem?

George

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Never happened to me. I did have a problem once about a month after getting it where texts constantly wouldnt send, couldnt receive them most the time and it wouldnt backup. But after a hard reset my phone is been mostly fine. Rare reboots or stutters, but ok for the most part. My mom's phone has been fine the whole time. We got the phones a week or two after they were released.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 822 My friend got this phone a few months ago. And the only way to answer or make phone calls is in Speaker Phone mode. She got her phone replaced and it worked fine in the store. But has the same problem after she walked out. What is the problem? Hard ware or soft ware? Is there a fix?

Because mine did the same thing last night. I turned it off and was fine. But I'm afraid it will happen again. And yes, I don't turn my phone off ever. Is that the problem?

George

What happens when she plugs something into the headphone jack. A lot of times this type of problem is caused by the phone thinking there's something plugged into the jack. I'd recommend playing music. If it plays through the speaker you know that isn't the problem. If it doesn't play it means it is the problem. You can usually fix it by playing a song, plugging in headphones and then quickly unplugging them. Also try some compressed air into the headphone jack.

George

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Yes thats waht it was. We have stylest, that plug into the headphone jack. And that makes us use Speaker phone to talk on the phone.

vwjon21

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea when I call someone they can't,hear me to well I wonder what it is
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Peter Kanters

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have same issue / problem with my nokia lumia 720. I also did try to insert earphones and than pull out fast but it did not work. Also cleaning out with some air was not working. Are there other solutions?

sredifer

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem with my 520 until I read the comment about the headphone jack . I had a stylus plugged into the headphone jack and had no problem for a few days, then all of a sudden could only make or receive calls in speaker mode. Removed the stylus from the jack and problem solved!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb