Phone Still Freezes After Update.

vane0326

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
OS Version: 8.0.10211.204

My phone still constantly freezes throughout the day. Maybe 4-5 times. BUT what I found out was if I disable my WIFI and Bluetooth...it will freezes maybe once or twice a week.

Do you think I need to get a new phone?

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
All I know is I changed my cellular settings 4 days ago and I have not had one lockup. Member in another thread said to change your cellular setting to "LTE and CDMA" and Data settings to "Roam" I have not had one lockup since.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I reached out a lot about this problem on twitter , There seems to be serious issues with the drivers for Wireless network/Bluetooth , Every time I updated the problem continued (for me this problem was freezing while charging but only when using WLAN !)
I found that apps like Whatsapp always made these hangs much more annoying
In your case a full reset is N E E D E D , 4 or 5 freezes a day is not acceptable by any means , (Please ask for a replacement if you want an easier solution)

BTW please read my have a good laugh post (in my signature)

vane0326

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Since I disable WIFI on my phone on 6-1-2013, I have not experience any issues. That tells me...there's definitely a problem if you leave wifi on for a long period of time.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Since I disable WIFI on my phone on 6-1-2013, I have not experience any issues. That tells me...there's definitely a problem if you leave wifi on for a long period of time.
Wonder if there is a hardware revision with the WiFi radio. I've had my 822 since launch and has all the updates VZW released and I use a 32gb SD card. I work from home so my phone has had WiFi on since the start; granted its not connected all the time, disconnects when the phone isn't on. Phone has only locked up twice since I've had it. I have a whole slew of applications installed; only 4 of which is permitted to run in the background. I have a plantronics voyager pro bluetooth headset; the bluetooth radio majority of the time is off and can talk for a few hours, never had a disconnect with the headset.

vane0326

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Now it started NOT to turn on.

My phone will not turn on unless I do a restart. It happens every time when the phone goes into sleep mode and I click on the power button it doesn't wake up.

It's start to happen on 6-30-2013.

Here are the time it's been happening.

7-3-2013
7-8-2013
7-9-2013
7-10-2013

This is very frustrating.

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I had one lockup in the past: hard rebooted, and it gave me the bootable option error. Obtained a refurb... a prototype... it has been working, but the past two or so weeks, LTE was the main concern. It would never connect to LTE from home. It has since Monday been resolved on Verizon's end.

vane0326

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had one lockup in the past: hard rebooted, and it gave me the bootable option error. Obtained a refurb... a prototype... it has been working, but the past two or so weeks, LTE was the main concern. It would never connect to LTE from home. It has since Monday been resolved on Verizon's end.

Is there another update should be coming up that resolve this issue?

Mopad10

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Call the phone carrier and see if they will replace it. My first 822 kept turning itself off. Got a replacement from vzw. The replacement kept turning itself off. I thought it was a software app issue being that it happened on two different phones. Rebooting / turning it self off got worse, multiple times a day. Called vzw again and was ready to give up on the 822. They replaced it again and I haven't had a reboot/shutoff for 4 months now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786