Hello everyone...

I'm not able to see any folders in my phone. When I connect my phone to PC, Its detected but it shows no data in PC. The phone drive is empty. Anyone has a solution for this. ???

I tried in both win7 and win8 OS platform... No luck... :( any suggestions.. highly appreciated...

Thanks,
    Benny
    06-08-2013 02:15 PM
    Unfortunately, my Lumia 822 had the same problem. I've had to factory rest this device a plethora of times due to XBOX Music+Videos drama, but after I did that, it started working. Try a factory reset (making to back up your phone first, if needed!). Go to Settings and scroll down to Phone Update. Check for that. Let me know how it goes. Best of luck!
    06-30-2013 03:26 PM
    please don't tell me your phone's lock screen is password protected and you don't unlock the screen after connecting your phone to PC
    07-01-2013 02:58 AM
    Hi,

I tried factory reset couple of times... no luck.. I can browse files, if i remove my mem. card and then plug in the phone.

@WP8addict : i tried after unlocking the screen and then plugging to pc. Still the same problem. Phone drive is empty.. if mem card is in its slot. I can see the files, only if memory card is taken out and then ph is connected to PC. Any1 else facing the same issue???

Thanks,
    Benny
    07-01-2013 12:56 PM
    I am not understanding this.

If you have an SD card in the phone, then when you plug in the phone to a PC, it should show you two "containers" - "phone" and "sd card".

If you use the SD card and have it as a default location for photos / music, it is possible that no actual data will be visible on the phone itself (you should still see the folders though).

Are you saying that both of those locations appear empty (no folders/files) when you connect the device and unlock?

Here is a weird suggestion: did you try a different USB cable?
    07-02-2013 10:39 PM
    @bigboy29 - If you have an SD card in the phone, then when you plug in the phone to a PC, it should show you two "containers" - "phone" and "sd card"... - Exactly, but instead I cant see any folders. The PC detects the phone, it appears as a drive.. but no folders and files inside. But if i remove the memory card from phone and then connect to PC, all folders and files stored in phone are listed without any prob. Hope you understood now, what i'm referring to..
    07-05-2013 01:52 PM
    Sorry to bump an old thread but this is happening to me now (screenshot attached)
    Phone detected, icon appearing but no SD and Memory folders.

This is the first time it has happened in a couple of months but ironically, also it's the first time I'm using the cable that actually came with the phone - I was using one from a L800 before, not that it should matter
    I have 4 x USB ports on my laptop and I have tried all four and still the same result.

Weird.
    l820_no_usb.png
    07-24-2013 03:08 AM
    Solved this problem.

Corrupted files on my memory card was the problem. Removed everything, reformatted and all fine. This was also stopping
    me sharing photos on Facebook, weirdly.
    benny142 likes this.
    07-24-2013 06:24 PM
    Solved this problem.

Corrupted files on my memory card was the problem. Removed everything, reformatted and all fine. This was also stopping
    me sharing photos on Facebook, weirdly.
    I'm having a simular issue.
    How did you find the corrupted files? How did you know they were corrupted?
    What steps did you take? Did you lose any of your files on the card?
    Did you reformat the sd card with the Phone or with a computer?
    Once it was fixed, were you then able to see both the phone and the SD card in file explorer?
    Were you able then able to copy the music files from the phone to the SD card?

Sorry so many questions. Just want to know what you did and if it worked.
    Thank you,
    Kevin
    08-03-2013 07:32 PM
    @ Chris : How did u find the corrupted files in the SD card ?
    08-05-2013 11:22 AM
    The corrupted files were all in my Music folder and were easy to spot because there were hundreds of folders with titles such as %&!!! etc. in random top level artist folders which were uncorrupted.

As it was only music (which I had copies of anyway) I just reformatted the card from the phone and reinstalled everything.

I narrowed it down by deleting folders and the ones containing corruption wouldn't delete.

Once reformatted all was viewable again in Explorer.

Its all down to syncing and copying via the USB cable which gives the music duplication error too. I don't trust the cable for anything except PC charging now. If I want to sync/copy music I remove the card and put it in an SD adapter. Its a ball ache but until MS fix it, its the only way.
    Last edited by Chris Sandiford; 08-06-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-05-2013 02:19 PM
    Thanks Chris!!

@ Kevin - Just make a backup of ur card and then format it. This worked for me.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-05-2013 09:20 PM
    No probs, hope you manage to sort it!
    08-06-2013 02:04 AM
    unlocking your phone when it is attached might work. Thanks for dropping a hint
    10-06-2014 02:13 PM
    Hahaha! I was so worried, and this was it! Enter the password and quala. You saved me from factory resetting my phone. Thanks.
    03-17-2015 01:29 PM