No Verizon love. Wait, they love Droid.

RTGOD

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
One of the guys I work with was absolutely tired of his iPhone and was going to switch. Me and a friend were showing him of Lumias and convinced him to switch. He went into a Verizon store with intentions of getting a Lumia and the salespeson told him that WP were pieces of $h!t. He came to work today with a new Motorola Droid. Way to mislead the public Big Red employee. I know this isn't new news, but it is ridiculous.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
One of the guys I work with was absolutely tired of his iPhone and was going to switch. Me and a friend were showing him of Lumias and convinced him to switch. He went into a Verizon store with intentions of getting a Lumia and the salespeson told him that WP were pieces of $h!t. He came to work today with a new Motorola Droid. Way to mislead the public Big Red employee. I know this isn't new news, but it is ridiculous.
It's ridiculously annoying what these VZ employees are doing. Granted a few of them own and act excited about the WP8 devices, most of them won't even give it a chance. Makes you wonder if WP can actually succeed on Verizon. They blow hot and cold from time to time, makes you wonder if they really give a crap about it succeeding.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
then for the next two years rub salt on his wound everytime we get updates let him know, a new droid comes out let him know, a new android update comes out remind him how long his will take if ever, show him how to delete your bloatware to make more room...lol

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The moral of the story is do your own research and make your own choices instead of letting a salesperson sale you what they want to sale you and make your choices for you.

Same goes for phones, cars, houses. Even future wives LOL

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
well if a person replaces his phone for costmetic issues and he is on his 8 or 9 th device, who will recommend it?..

We the ones who like the WP and phone cannot stop replacing for cosmetic issues. If you are on 3 or 4 th replacement you know that that is how it is and either put it or get out.. anyway it is not goign to change.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The moral of the story is do your own research and make your own choices instead of letting a salesperson sale you what they want to sale you and make your choices for you.

Same goes for phones, cars, houses. Even future wives LOL

Amen Brother....

"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom!"

Quoted from one of my favorite movies, Starship Troopers.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
well if a person replaces his phone for costmetic issues and he is on his 8 or 9 th device, who will recommend it?..

We the ones who like the WP and phone cannot stop replacing for cosmetic issues. If you are on 3 or 4 th replacement you know that that is how it is and either put it or get out.. anyway it is not goign to change.

No one mentioned cosmetic issues. Stop trolling.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I guess I was lucky because the Verizon guy I worked with was actually carrying a 8X on him and didn't discourage me a bit. I was in the same store yesterday and did notice they no longer have a WP centric area. They've lumped WP and Blackberry together in a corner. I went to get a look at a 928 and the one they had on display wasn't even turned on... :cry:

The Hustleman

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why they would discourage anyone from a windows phone, they pay us a pretty darn good commission for them!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
When you ask another persons opinion of a phone you'll get just that, an opinion. People are very polarized when it comes to phones, calibers, politics, etc. If a salesperson is only comfortable using an android, they will only be comfortable using an android. You have to do your own research and experience the device for yourself. I was hardcore android before I got my hands on the HTC 8X and the Lumia 822. I got my 928 as soon as it came out and I couldn't be happier.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
When I was looking to upgrade I went to a Verizon store. The sales lady didn't even want to show me the WPs. I had to drag her over there. When I started asking questions about the WP she basically said unless your getting an iPhone I can't help you. I asked for someone else to help me and was told they only assign one sales rep per person and I would have to come back. I left went to another Verizon store and found a rep who had a WP to help me.

The Hustleman

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
When I was looking to upgrade I went to a Verizon store. The sales lady didn't even want to show me the WPs. I had to drag her over there. When I started asking questions about the WP she basically said unless your getting an iPhone I can't help you. I asked for someone else to help me and was told they only assign one sales rep per person and I would have to come back. I left went to another Verizon store and found a rep who had a WP to help me.

That's crazy!

We usually talk people out of the iphone.

That's the lowest commissioned phone we sell.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When you ask another persons opinion of a phone you'll get just that, an opinion. People are very polarized when it comes to phones, calibers, politics, etc. If a salesperson is only comfortable using an android, they will only be comfortable using an android. You have to do your own research and experience the device for yourself. I was hardcore android before I got my hands on the HTC 8X and the Lumia 822. I got my 928 as soon as it came out and I couldn't be happier.

Very good point; it's an opinion! Most of the replies on this post indicate the the Verizon salesman was wrong, as if it's a cut-and-dried fact that the 928 is better than the Motorola Droid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers