Newbie User - Facebook for Windows 8.

mommylo 89

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Lumia yesterday and LOVE it so far. I've only ever had Androids and iPhones so it's quite a bit different, lol!
Just a couple of questions maybe you all can help me with?

1.) How do you share posts in the mobile app? Is it possible?
I tried asking another friend who owns a ZTE windows phone but I believe she is running windows 7, because what she was describing to me.. wasn't there.. or an option for me.
She told me the share button is right next to the "like" button, just like on the internet. Nope! Not in my case, lol. I have the option to comment and to like - that's it. If I want
to share something, I have to open my internet explorer browser, open facebook mobile, try to find the post again and share from there. I can't find a way to in the windows app.

2.) How do you tag friends in a post or comment? possible?
Evidently and obviously Androids and iPhones are VERY different from windows phones. I realized this last night when I found I could not tag any friends in any posts (other than my own, like a public page) or comments. I tried the ones I know which are the @ symbol and their name or I start typing their name starting with capitals. Neither worked.

So are these two things Facebook for Windows mobile app doesn't offer yet? If they are both there somewhere and I am just not seeing it, PLEASE tell me!!

thanks. :crying:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I assume that you are using the old facebook app
Try this new facebook beta

Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I tested it on my 920 and it has a tag option when im trying to post something

This is only when posting a status, not in comments. That tag option is very different from the @ option however

The share button is available in the beta version posted above.

Facebook for Windows Phone is not as revised as Android and IOS version.

mommylo 89

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I was able to download Facebook, made by them. It just really really sucks. You can't do much ha ha. Thanks a million you guys!!!

mommylo 89

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This is only when posting a status, not in comments. That tag option is very different from the @ option however

The share button is available in the beta version posted above.

Facebook for Windows Phone is not as revised as Android and IOS version.

Okay so if its different than the @ option, how do you do it? I tried just typing the name and it did nothing still.... i'm feeling super blonde :/ Sorry guys, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos