Hi... I am not getting the text messages sent from iphone users. I did not have an iphone previously and switch to a windows phone. Started out on windows, but when I text those with iphones, I do not receive their return messages. I contact my carrier, they said to hard restart the phone so I did and the issue was resolved for a little bit, but started up again. This is not good...need to communicate with my boss and she has an iphone.
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks a bunch.
    06-25-2013 08:31 AM
    Are these group texts or just texts from a single user?
    06-25-2013 09:13 AM
    from single users, both my daughter's iphone and my boss's iphone
    06-25-2013 10:04 AM
    Since you said you did not have an iPhone but switched to Windows Phone what did you switch from ? I had a friend who recently had the same problem but he had switched from an iPhone to Windows Phone. His solution was to turn off imessage from within his settings / messaging on his iPhone. This resolved the problem. Another solution would be changing password on your Apple account which would also correct the problem. Trouble is you say you didn't have an iPhone previously. Not sure if other os's have the same type messaging system setup as iPhone.
    06-25-2013 10:18 AM
    Sorry...I did not have a phone previously, iphone or other.
    06-25-2013 11:37 AM
    Did you have an iPod touch that you used for messaging ? If so, the same would apply. If you are receiving texts from all other phones other than iPhones I would guess it has something to do with iMessage. If you did have an iPod check it to see if messages are appearing there. If you didn't, I don't have a clue as to why you cannot receive text messages from iPhones.
    06-25-2013 01:08 PM
    Nope, no ipad, ipods, itablet...not iOS...that's why I am confused as well. All my searches showed me change your imessage status...but that does not apply to my situation. After a little poking around in the office with an iphone user, when she turns off imessaging I receive her text.
    Will anyone that has an iphone have to turn off their imessage in order for me to receive their message...kinda messed up...just my two cents.
    06-25-2013 01:13 PM
    Not very familiar with IOS... Not sure if they can change their individual contact settings for you to bypass iMessage or not. Got me stumped... They shouldn't have to turn off iMessage on their end should only be required on your end. If you never had any kind of Apple account, I'm totally lost. Hopefully someone more familiar to IOS can chime in on this one. I am convinced now that is in fact iMessage that is behind this and not the phone itself.
    06-25-2013 01:29 PM
    Thanks for replying....we'll see if anyone else can provide any info...
    06-25-2013 01:51 PM
    Wait...what if I have an iTunes account, I set one of those up for one of my kids and used my e-mail address for it.
    06-25-2013 01:52 PM
    I know occasionally I dont receive a text from iphone users, but usually they all go through.
    06-26-2013 09:35 AM
    Contacted carrier and it seems I have an old iphone phone number, hence the return texts think they are going through imessaging, but in actuality it is not.
    The carrier has escalated this problem and for the past week has been trying to find a resolution. I'll let you know what they find out. Not sure how they are going to do that since iphones are controlled through and apple ID. Hmmmm....
    07-03-2013 09:40 AM
    having a similar issue. have a nokia lumia 920 and cannot get texts from iphone users. I never had an iphone or imessenger account, but cannot get texts from iphone users with imessenger unless they turn imessenger off. contacted apple and they said they do not have anything showing up as being registered with my mobile number to unregister. frustrating.

nokia lumia 920 on at&t.
    09-05-2013 01:49 PM
    I had the same issue and figured out how to fix. Follow these steps:

1) Go to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary ID. You will NOT lose your music and apps. This is the key step!

2) While in https://appleid.apple.com, make sure you unregister any device that was / is imessage. It may take an hour or so for this change to propogate through apple's servers

3) Not sure, if this one matters, but it doesn't hurt... If you still have your iPhone (because you switched from an iPhone to a Windows Phone), connect to wifi using the old iphone and turn off imessage.

4) Now, have someone you know with an iPhone, delete your number, re-add it and send you a text message. This should work!!!!

It took me 2 weeks to figure out this process. I can tell you for a fact that it works.
    10-01-2013 11:23 AM
    hi there

same Problem still.
    did all as described and still no sms from IPhone users.
    anybody has an other hint for me???

thanks
    01-19-2014 02:50 AM
    I had the problem with just my mom. To fix I hard reset my phone and chose not to use a backup. I believe the issue occurred because I purchased a new phone and backed it up via the cloud and I used the same sim card. It may be because your backup has mobile connection data stored for another phone that isn't compatible with your new phone.

Long story short the solution for me was to hard reset and choose "no backup" during setup.
    02-19-2014 08:36 PM
    Thanks!!! That worked. I just changed my appleid.
    12-22-2014 05:03 AM
    This fixes it:

I first went in to settings.
    I went into Cellular or Mobile+SIM then SIM. (it is the directory that shows my active network holder, data connection, voice roaming options, etc)
    I went all the way down to Mode selection. I changed it from LTE & CDMA to CDMA. the last windows update must have changed this

That was it. All my group messages started coming in and I was also able to send out group messages again.

I don't know if this will help others out there, but I just thought I'd share how i was able to finally resolve this.
    01-18-2015 07:20 PM