Multiple recipients Text message

Bob_M

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
When I receive a text sent to multiple recipients, I am not able to see the other recipients' numbers, just the sender. I believe I was able to see the complete list with my older Blackberry. Is there an option to turn on?

Thanks Bob

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's possible with WP8 or even IOS or Android. The text was sent to you, and the reply will only go to the sender.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
A group message like that(sent via SMS) just delivers to individual recipients and not really as a "group" message. so whenever someone replies from that group, it reaches your WP phones as a individual SMS and not part of the group sms you just sent. I remember seeing group replies in a single thread when I was on Android Gingerbread, maybe Im wrong..

Aaron Walls

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on my Lumia 920. I switched from an iPhone and I could see all the recipients of the group text on iOS. Now on WP8 I just get the sender and can't see who else got the message. Any fixes?

Bob_M

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How do we get the Amber update? My phone updated yesterday, not sure if it was Amber, is says 8.0.10327.77 but I still do not see all the recipients in the groups. Other folks in the group which have Iphone to Flip phones see them all. Stopped into a Verizon store, they did not have a solution. thanks for any help, Bob

Bob_M

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok I think I figured this out. In order to receive group messages with all recipients listed, there is an option that needs to be turned on. You will find this option under settings for "messages" and it is called "Group Text". Once "Group Text" is on, all recipients will appear in a received message and all responses will appear in the same thread. So nice to have this finally working!!

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
When I receive a text (group txt on or off) from someone where I'm one of many recipients, I see all the replies. Problem is I don't see the other recipients it is sent to. So I am blindly replying to everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs