Lumia 822 + Amber Update + SMS problem

manekari

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just wanted to know that is Amber update is available for Lumia 822 users?

822 users in India did received the update ?

Does it resolved the SMS sending problem ?

Regards.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^ The GDR2/Amber update is not yet available for the 822.

We might have to wait little longer before it gets released.

Perhaps it's taking longer because Verizon is working on a fix for the SMS issue. (I really hope they fix the SMS issue)

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
^ The GDR2/Amber update is not yet available for the 822.

We might have to wait little longer before it gets released.

Perhaps it's taking longer because Verizon is working on a fix for the SMS issue. (I really hope they fix the SMS issue)

So do I. Unless Verizon users are having trouble with SMS, I doubt Big Red will do something about it. I'm hoping Nokia actually worked it out,seeing that they received a lot of complaints about it.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
SMS fixed? Woohoo!!

Okay, I'm going to buy another 822 to replace the one that was stolen from me :excited:

And the SMS fixed issue is great news for me since I live in the Philippines. Excited!!

vikassolankiii

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
yes update is available in india for 822,
everyone in india as well as anywhere in world person having lumia 822 will enjoy the benefit of this update
outgoing sms issue has been resolved.

Last edited:

cddb

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes! I am an 822 user in India. Got the update early this morning and yes, the SMS issue is fixed :)
Just remember to disable the International Dial Assist in the Phone settings.

Nave822lumia

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my phone to Amber even then I am unable to send message and getting error code 50, I am using Airtel Micro Sim 64K , Please help me if i need ensure and change some setting in the phone.

Nave822lumia

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my phone to Amber even then I am unable to send message and getting error code 50, I am using Airtel Micro Sim 64K , Please help me if i need ensure and change some setting in the phone.

Nave822lumia

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

nwhitemcse

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm posting in this thread, not only for help, but to summarize what I believe to be consistent issues for many people using the 822 on T-Mobile with a newer T-Mobile LTE capable SIM card in North America.

It looks like other threads may be getting locked and redirected here for the 822 SMS send issue when using the phone on T-Mobile. This issue I think should stand out as a discussion on it's own. I have been having this issue on an 822 myself on Tmobile.. Here is what I know.

1) Everything works great except sending SMS.
2) My phone had Portico on it when I got it and it never sent SMS on anything but EDGE unless data was turned off.
3) It still does not work after the AMBER update.
4) I have installed Access Point and I get only one option, TMOBILE LTE. I have tried to manually configure a new one without results.
5) I have the correct SMS access #.
6) I have tried with International Dialing assistance on AND off.

I have poured over the threads here, on Tmobile & at Nokia and tried everything short of flashing back to Pre-Portico to resolve this issue and I have had no luck.

The internet APN and MMS APN options now available in the cellular settings, but so far I have not been had any luck trying to configure these, could be I just don't know what I"m doing there.

Lastly, thank you to all who have taken the time to respond and help!

EMan3100

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Ever since Amber update I haven't been able to access "display+touch", "extras+info" or "call+SMS filter" in setting. I have tried reset, soft reset to no avail. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon