Amber update downloading now

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited forgot exactly what I was looking forward to when the update finished. I like the new way to change phone color option.

Shantanu Kongara

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Update done. Still checking out the new features.
Glance screen, Double tap to wake are pretty cool.
Storage check, color profile and changing message tones is available.
Yet to check out xbox radio. Edit...it works, you need to have headphones plugged in for it to work since it uses the headphone wire has an antenna. Just like old nokia phones.
So far so good

aww1157

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the update. The first thing I turned on is Glance and notice that only the clock is there, with no battery meter or silent mode.

Jeff Neves

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's a good thing I have a spare Lumia 521 with me I can use until I get the chance to reset it. Does SMS on 2G still work as well? When they rolled out Portico for my 822 on T-Mobile it fixed SMS on 2G but broke SMS on 3G...so I hope they both work now.

aww1157

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Shantanu Kongara,

You wrote "changing message tones is available". Can we now put new custom tones for SMS and e-mail notifications and not just ringtones?

Thanks

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's a good thing I have a spare Lumia 521 with me I can use until I get the chance to reset it. Does SMS on 2G still work as well? When they rolled out Portico for my 822 on T-Mobile it fixed SMS on 2G but broke SMS on 3G...so I hope they both work now.

I have MetroPCS (owned by T-Mo now) and I can confirm SMS works on both 2G and 3G, at least on the 822.

cwgrizz

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been having trouble with the 822 shutdown/restart lockup problem. Saw the update announcement and started the update. Like others, I became a little worried after it came to "Preparing to install 100%" and did not change in forever. Then I came here to see if others were experiencing similar. Whew, it seems to be normal. Now it is installing. Gears are spinning. A waiting game for sure. All told, so far almost 2 hours--download to present state of spinning gears. Hope it is worth it. Ha!

xejd

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any idea if update is released in europe as well?I am afraid of updating it without knowing if amber update is out for sure or not...

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any idea if update is released in europe as well?I am afraid of updating it without knowing if amber update is out for sure or not...

It should be available. The update should not depend on location, though I can't confirm this. You can check to see if an update is available without downloading.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to bigboy29 and Shantanu Kongara. Mine was hung on that portion of the install and I followed their advice and all is well. The phone finished the install, restarted and I'm checking out all the new stuff.

Jeff Neves

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Well Amber bricked my phone. Multiple hard resets and the 822 just now gets stuck at the Nokia boot screen. Great. Just great. Thanks Nokia.

Shantanu Kongara

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Shantanu Kongara,

You wrote "changing message tones is available". Can we now put new custom tones for SMS and e-mail notifications and not just ringtones?

Thanks

I might have jumped the gun on this one. It appeared to me that we now have more options to choose from than before. You still cant use custom tones for SMS or e-mail notification.
Sorry about that.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who can send SMS with 3G, how is your APN? My phone is kind of unresponsive with sending SMS on 3G, usually sending the first before getting the error 1 can't send message.

K Boston

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Amber update is running GREAT on my 822. Pro cam loaded using the Fiddler method. And it works AWESOME! Glance and double tap are a nice addition finally. Dang I'm in love with this phone all over again. :love:

twistedpup

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
hello I have a lumia 521 that I love to death, but i was prompted to download the update, and now it has been on the running gears screen for two days. I have tried all of the ways to correct this posted but none have work. I think they only work for the 920 not the 521. I have contacted tmobile and sent me to the store who could not do anything. I have done hard reset and soft reset. I have did the up down power down several times nothing works. Please Help!!!!

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded and installed it here, in Georgia, Eastern Europe. No problem at all. Took slightly more than 2 hours to d/l and install. 10-15 minutes spent in "gears" mode, restart and viola!
OS version - 8.0.10327.77
Firmware revision - 3045.0000.1328.1031

Works like a charm so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99