What happened to Grey and Red?

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
IIRC, red was a Valentine's day limited run.

Grey was part of the initial release, but I guess they stopped selling it, perhaps due to lower sales, lacking a grey wireless back probably didn't help either.
Could I turn my red one into a grey one with the right parts
You can mix and match backs, but you would be stuck with the edge. white/black/red all mix together pretty good, grey would probably only go well with either white or black, but probably not red.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought a grey when the 822 first came out, and later added a black wireless back, so mine is grey around the rim, and mostly black elsewhere, but I like the look. I didn't know they stopped selling it until I saw this thread. Mine has been pretty much trouble-free (including with the Amber update -- I see some people ran into considerable pain, but the update was quick and trouble-free for me, and everything seems to be working fine). I hope it keeps on chugging because I'm very happy with the phone, and apparently I won't be able to get another one in the same color.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 822 is entirely grey. However I had to order it through amazon.com. It was an online only offer, and I bought mine a little less than a year ago. I love the soft grey color; red however I believe was only a short Valentines' Day Verizon special.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes