New Amber Update Problem

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Some people have had to wait over 2 hours for it to finish. Mine took about 45 minutes. But I also had Portico and the other Nokia updates. If you'd never updated the phone in the past, it may take longer. Wait it out and see what happens.

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Same here - my wife's phone has just been sitting on the spinning gear screen for 2hrs. How long do I give it ... what if I take the batter out, or it goes dead, while still on the gears screen?

BlackStarRng3

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
mine is still spinning <<< its about to make me mad forreal, this is the second time this happened. the last time it did it i had to get another phone

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Some people have had to wait over 2 hours for it to finish. Mine took about 45 minutes. But I also had Portico and the other Nokia updates. If you'd never updated the phone in the past, it may take longer. Wait it out and see what happens.
My was about the same as Mr.Mac Phisto had all the other updates and took a less than a hour.
EEverything works great.

DustinBooyah

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I"m not sure, but I'm right there with you on the 3 hour mark. I plugged mine in.and nothing happened.

I'd rather the battery die on me than me pull the battery though. I'm using my Droid as a backup for now.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It shouldnt take more than 30min. More than that means it went into a infinite cycle in one of the process. You may try your luck and wait for it to somehow escape or skip the process or, better, prepare to recover it using NCS.

DustinBooyah

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It shouldnt take more than 30min. More than that means it went into a infinite cycle in one of the process. You may try your luck and wait for it to somehow escape or skip the process or, better, prepare to recover it using NCS.

Yeah, I'm in NCS right now looking for the firmware and I'm having trouble finding it.

It's my first time using it. Reminds me of my old Android flashing days

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I did vol- and power which got my wife's phone to restart but it went back to spinning gears. Then after some time it restarted and I thought it was ok. However, it just hung in a loop - Nokia logo, Windows logo, restart. I finally had to do the factory reset suggested from Nokia's page (power off. hold vol- and connect to charger so you get "!". press vol+, vol-, power, vol-). That reset my phone completely and it at least booted up.

Now my problem is the O/S on my wife's phone shows exact same as mine but under Nokia 'extras & info' her version does not say Amber - its 1.5 or something instead of 1.12 - but the 'look for updates' just comes back again and again saying phone is up to date. I guess it is just looking at O/S version so I have no idea how to get Amber on my wife's phone.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Now my problem is the O/S on my wife's phone shows exact same as mine but under Nokia 'extras & info' her version does not say Amber - its 1.5 or something instead of 1.12 - but the 'look for updates' just comes back again and again saying phone is up to date. I guess it is just looking at O/S version so I have no idea how to get Amber on my wife's phone.

I don't have the Amber update and mine says 1.12.0.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077