New Amber Update Problem

vikassolankiii

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
yesterday amber updates were available for 822 with outgoing sms issue solved, it took 15 mins to download 200MB and 20 mins to install.
till now i have not found any bugs or any kind of issue. SMS sent and delivery report received.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I did vol- and power which got my wife's phone to restart but it went back to spinning gears. Then after some time it restarted and I thought it was ok. However, it just hung in a loop - Nokia logo, Windows logo, restart. I finally had to do the factory reset suggested from Nokia's page (power off. hold vol- and connect to charger so you get "!". press vol+, vol-, power, vol-). That reset my phone completely and it at least booted up.

Now my problem is the O/S on my wife's phone shows exact same as mine but under Nokia 'extras & info' her version does not say Amber - its 1.5 or something instead of 1.12 - but the 'look for updates' just comes back again and again saying phone is up to date. I guess it is just looking at O/S version so I have no idea how to get Amber on my wife's phone.

The update you need will come as an update in the Store. You can also grab SysApp Pusher from the store and use it to install the extras+info and display/touch and whatever other updates there are. The same basic thing happened to me (locked up on gears, had to hard reset it) and that's how I fixed it.

-E

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Amber update bricked my wife's 822. I downloaded it at around 6:00 p.m. last night with no issue. Once downloaded, I immediately tried to install the update. I kinda forgot about the phone after that and 4 hours later noticed that the gears screen was still on. OK, now I was getting worried but I decided to let it go. On a side note my 928 only took about 45 minutes for the whole thing to be installed. So I decided to go to bed. Woke up at 6 this morning to find that the effing gears screen was still on. Now that's down right ridiculous. Nearly 12 hours of spinning gears? So I tried to reset the phone performing all of the prescribed solutions from Nokia with no success (multiple, multiple times as well). I was running late to work so I just took it with me so I could jack with it at work. Two hours later those dam gears were still spinning. So I said to h3ll with this and went to the Verizon store down the road and had them do a warranty replacement. I told them what happened and they pretty much stared at me with blank eyes. They had no idea how to try to take of the issue themselves (how to reset the phone e.t.c.) so they just took my word for it and did all the work to get the phone replaced.

Moral of the story, update at your own risk. I have 2 other 822's on my plan that I will NOT update until this crap gets fixed.

DustinBooyah

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My phone is bricked as well. I just ordered a replacement, but for future reference:

DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY. Ever. Do a hard reset instead.

I can't think of a good reason as to why I did it other than being impatient and not knowing about the possibility of a hard reset. It was foolish, and I am foolish.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I pulled the battery on mine because it was stuck on the gears. Then it started rebooting continuously, from the white Nokia message to the Windows Phone blue startup screen, then shutdown and repeat. To fix mine, I waited until right as it was in the shutdown phase, then held the volume down button while plugging in the charger. The screen should come up with a big exclamation mark. Then I pressed vol up, then vol down, then power, then vol down. The phone showed the gears for a bit and then was at the new phone screen. I restored using my MS account (which is a mess in itself). The Win side of things was GDR2 at that point, but I had to use SysApp Pusher to get the Nokia side of the update (Amber).

My wife's 822, which I upgraded immediately after, had no problem.

-E

lakeshia25

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
ok so I am having a huge issue. I tried to do the Amber update and my phone was stuck in the gears for about an hour. I didn't really read up on it before doing it. I just thought its was a update for my phone so let me go ahead and get it done. But after that hour i stupidly took the battery out and now it wont come back on. I did try to factory reset it. But it will just come on and turn right back off after going to the blue windows screen . So I tried it one more time and it is stuck on the exclamation point and gear screen. What should I do. Pls if I can get some help it would be greatly appreciated seeing that I use my phone for work a day without a phone is like a day not working.

Nilesh Mane

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Amber update, Amber update... how big difference that made..... such a great failure in this s/w updating process. I'm also one of the victim as you all do... gear, blank screen, kept it for charging, and it doesn't charge more than a single bar, from last 1 hr, i see there is only single bar, but shows its charging... BS, now don't know what should I do, its so frustrating.its been 5 hrs so far, and phone is off still. As of now, haven't seen exclamation mark, but just the Nokia logo after 2-3 times of resets, and gears, nothing else. What's next, throw the phone in garbage?

Nilesh Mane

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Amber update, Amber update... how big difference that made..... such a great failure in this s/w updating process. I'm also one of the victim as you all do... gear, blank screen, kept it for charging, and it doesn't charge more than a single bar, from last 1 hr, i see there is only single bar, but shows its charging... BS, now don't know what should I do, its so frustrating.its been 5 hrs so far, and phone is off still. As of now, haven't seen exclamation mark, but just the Nokia logo after 2-3 times of resets, and gears, nothing else. What's next, throw the phone in garbage?

Jignesh Jain1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
nilesh bhai
any news problem solved
even im on same boat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro