Anybody Having Problems with WiFi Turning Off After Update?

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Because I am. I keep finding WiFi has randomly turned itself off every once in a while. I think it may be related to connecting to my school's WiFi, but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem? It's only happened since I updated to GDR2/Amber.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about quite a few people having quirky behaviour with WiFi after the GDR2 update. Have you tried searching through the forums or performing a Soft Reset on your device? (Volume Down button and Power button held simultaneously for 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration.)

katiegal

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
My son goes to Auburn and since the update, his wi-fi shuts off and goes to data automatically now. We've gone over our data limit two months in a row and I am furious!!!!

Verizon said that this is "normal" on college campuses. Too many people are on the school's wi-fi so some get bumped. When they get bumped, it autos to data usage.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I actually went to Auburn for a year. Ha.

I haven't had the WiFi problem since I first made the thread. Though, I don't ever get on the university's WiFi anymore because it's more hassle than it's worth (and I don't live on campus).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss