GDR2/Amber Lag and Performance Issues

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So while I am extremely happy to have some of the fixes that came with GDR2 on my Lumia 822; has anyone else experienced some general performance issues? For the first time in my Lumia's life my phone actually solidly froze on screen and I had to remove the battery in order to restart the device. Additionally whenever doing various tasks I sometimes briefly see the Loading animation or "resuming" (dots flying in a line underneath the words Loading). Flip animations are not as smooth as they used to be when navigating menus and occasionally loading and animations simply seem to hiccup a bit more post-update. Is anyone else having similar problems post-amber/gdr2 update? I hardly ever had issues before this update and now I'm constantly having issues and needing to reboot my phone or deal with lag. A bit disappointed that this update is seeming to cause these issues.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
im having those same issues on my 928 on Amber/GDR2. I really think it is an issue with the update that they will hopefully be fixing soon.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i havent had any issues with mine.. except it just seems that tiles update less often (or never - until i open the app and refresh the tile)

mlk4114

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've had a problem with my 822 since the update after charging all night. I have to give it a soft restart before I get a full battery indication. The battery life is great, but it's a pain to have to do this every morning. Anyone else with the same problem?

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had some occasional slow downs in the UI compared to before. I also had a couple of instances where the phone just locked up and rebooted. It hasn't been common, but more so than before. On the flip side, battery life is much better and my phone doesn't start playing music when I get out of my Sync equipped car, so I don't have to hit the Stop Music tile when I turn the car off to avoid it playing when I get out. I have a feeling the quick turn around for GDR3 is probably because of the bugs GDR2 appears to be exhibiting on multiple phones.

Time will tell.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had some occasional slow downs in the UI compared to before. I also had a couple of instances where the phone just locked up and rebooted. It hasn't been common, but more so than before. On the flip side, battery life is much better and my phone doesn't start playing music when I get out of my Sync equipped car, so I don't have to hit the Stop Music tile when I turn the car off to avoid it playing when I get out. I have a feeling the quick turn around for GDR3 is probably because of the bugs GDR2 appears to be exhibiting on multiple phones.

Time will tell.

I hope GDR3 fixes some of these things because it seems like I need to restart my phone one to two times a day in order to fix these hang ups. I do agree battery life does seem to be better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre