Pre-Portico and Amber Update

agnimidhun

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am from Mumbai, India - with a Lumia 822 on Vodafone network. It came with the Portico update and I had to downgrade to resolve the out going SMS and Internet access issue. The Amber update has now lightened up my life with reports saying that all issues are now solved. I have read reports which say about other issues too (incoming SMS issues, 3G issues etc).

Can somebody in the forum who was on a pre-portico Lumia 822 on a carrier other than Verizon and updated to AMBER confirm that the phone is same before and after the update with respect to the functionality? I can try it myself - but have too data in my phone and less time to take the risk.

Would really appreciate a strong GO or NO GO for the update. I also think it will be a two step process - first update to Portico and then AMBER. Can somebody confirm this too?

Thanks,
Midhun

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
If you can freely downgrade/upgrade, than just try to update. But remember, that flashing rom cancels the warranty.
Did you setup the APN settings correctly?

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
It seemed to work as soon as I got the update, but now I can't send SMS over 3g. I haven't tried again but lemme see again.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you can freely downgrade/upgrade, than just try to update. But remember, that flashing rom cancels the warranty.
Did you setup the APN settings correctly?

822 doesn't have a global variant hence flashing an 822 rom over and over on an 822 doesn't void warranty

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, there should be no issues. Well, aside from the decrease in battery life you're bound to see from Glance and Double tap to wake turned on.

It is a big fix and enables support for new hardware, it's not supposed to introduce bugs.

agnimidhun

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I updated the phone and everything seems normal except for a small lag. Can someone confirm the OS version and firmware versions for the same?

OS Version after update : 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number : 1532.2108.1244.0003

I see that the firmware version has not changed :( I checked for updates now and it says that the phone is up-to-date. I am not sure what to do.

varun822

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,
I got an unlocked verizon branded black lumia 822 from US . Am using it on Airtel network in Delhi(India) , and I am not able to update it to Amber though it looks that it is updated for GDR2. .

1. The current firmware version that it shows is "1532.2108.1242.1001". The current OS version is 8.0.10327.77.

2. The above firmware version is very strange since when searching for the same on the internet I found that it is neither pre-portico, nor portico nor amber. Does anyone have any idea about this firmware version number ?

3. The OS version seems to be already updated to GDR2. Correct ?

3. Whenever I am trying to do the "phone software update" using FOTA I get a message that the phone is already uptodate. May be the above firmware version is "illegal" and the servers at the Nokia end cannot recognize this version or since its already updated for GDR2 hence the firmware is not being updated . Whatever is the reason am not able to update the firmware to Amber . Can anyone throw light on this ?

4. If I try to flash the phone using NCS by using Amber update files as mentioned in this thread
"http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/238462-%5Blumia-822%5D-firmware-3045-0000-1328-1031-download.html" ..
Will it be safe ? Considering the "special" firmware version that it is showing.

Thanks a lot for replying.

Last edited: