MicroSD after Amber

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi people,
Looking to get an 8 or 16 gig microSD class 10 card for an 822. I've read many complaints on the forum, most of which are nearly a year old. So whats the situation now? Have Portico and Amber fixed the memory problem? If I start using the phone for a while and then add the card will I have to reformat the entire device and lose data?
Thanks.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Sandisk 64gb UHS-1 card in my 820 with no problems what so ever, I had a Sandisk 16GB in it before and again no problems. I have several movies on my SD card and then play great, just like at the movies, small movies of course. I have not gotten the Amber update yet as (slow as hell) ATT have not released it yet. My others file is at 470MB and my Temp files is 52mb. I have 4.6 GB of free memory. You do not have to reformat the entire device when you add the card, but you can just reformat the card if you want too, as many times as you want too. My others file grew to 470mb, but since I turned off the auto save to Skydrive about a month ago it has not grown since then. Save you photos to your SD card and you should be able to control the others file. I hope when I do get the update it helps reduce my others file below 470mb. I clean all my caches in all the programs regularly and then hit clear temp files and the temp files hold at 52, and any growth in the others files is removed. I have been holding at 470 for over a month. fdalbor

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Sandisk 64gb UHS-1 card in my 820 with no problems what so ever, I had a Sandisk 16GB in it before and again no problems. I have several movies on my SD card and then play great, just like at the movies, small movies of course. I have not gotten the Amber update yet as (slow as hell) ATT have not released it yet. My others file is at 470MB and my Temp files is 52mb. I have 4.6 GB of free memory. You do not have to reformat the entire device when you add the card, but you can just reformat the card if you want too, as many times as you want too. My others file grew to 470mb, but since I turned off the auto save to Skydrive about a month ago it has not grown since then. Save you photos to your SD card and you should be able to control the others file. I hope when I do get the update it helps reduce my others file below 470mb. I clean all my caches in all the programs regularly and then hit clear temp files and the temp files hold at 52, and any growth in the others files is removed. I have been holding at 470 for over a month. fdalbor
Thanks, I've ordered one on Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster