Attached Photos won't show in E-Mail

BRLOhio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
When I recieve an email on my 822, either at my gmail or outlook account, the pictures that would normally appear as a part of the body of the email do not appear as they do on my desktop computer. Instead the frames that contain the pictures are blank with the words "download photos" in the frames along with a small icon of some sort. If I touch the frame the embedded objects download and the words "Show All Attachments" appear at the top of the email body but the frames in the body of the email are still blank with a small icon in the upper left corner. If I touch the "Show All Attachments" a list opens in its place with a small Camera Icon and each files name such as XXXX.jpg (jpg, 48KB).
If I then touch the file name it opens and its image appears but only one image at a time. If I want to see the next image in the list I must back up to the list and select a different file name.
My question: Why don't the images appear in the body of the email just like they would on my PC when I open the email?
Is there a setting that I can choose to allow the images to just automaticly open in the body of the email, or is this just another "thats the way it works on an 822"? My wifes 928 seems to allow the email body to contain the images but for the life of me I can't make my 822 do it. Frustrating!

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Best thing to do is train a small rat (*) to press the on screen buttons for you. While it's doing this, go and make a nice cup of tea. When you're finished, the pictures should all be downloaded and you can enjoy the e-mail as intended by its writer.

(*) I didn't try this with hamsters, gerbils or mice, but probably they can also be used.

Last edited:

BRLOhio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Wait as long as you want, the photos will never appear in the blank frames in the email body. They are only viewable one at a time when the file name is selected from the list that is displayed after the download is complete. They will then open up in a different window, possibly the photo viewer window, i'm not sure.

Last edited:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Unable to attach files such as microsoft word doc., PDF files, ECT. Only pictures, please do something to fix it, very important

Try Mail Plus app.

Or, in the Office hub, press and hold a file, then tap Share, then select the email account you want to send from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven