Time Zone Clock Off 1 Hour After GDR3 Update.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
822 Verizon with developer GDR3 installed and the clock time zone keeps changing to 1 hour from were it should be. It has always been on automatic set and change twice now, so I just set to manual set so we'll see what happens. Any one else have this problem? Gotta watch your appointment's on your calendar so your not late.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes it happened a few times when I did a soft reset, just make sure you set the exact time
(am/pm or 24 hr clock is correct for that setting ) and date and then set to automatic and it should be fine.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does your phone switch to a wrong timezone?

Time zone information is retrieved from cell towers. I have seen several occasions where cell towers were broadcasting wrong information to the phone and phone would simply do what it is told. Do you always notice it in the same area? If you are in a different part of town is it correct? If it switches back and forth, you likely have a tower nearby that is misconfigured.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Good point, both times i was at the same location my home and never had this before happen but also remember i also have GDR3 loaded on my phone i thinking this maybe the problem? i have taking it off of the automatic setting and just set it to eastern standard time zone so far so good but i will keep my eye on it.

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Does your phone switch to a wrong timezone?

Time zone information is retrieved from cell towers. I have seen several occasions where cell towers were broadcasting wrong information to the phone and phone would simply do what it is told. Do you always notice it in the same area? If you are in a different part of town is it correct? If it switches back and forth, you likely have a tower nearby that is misconfigured.

Who can I talk to about a misconfigured tower? I live in New Mexico (Mountain Time) and my Time Zone when set to auto constantly says Saskatchewan. They are really the same time but something just kinda bugs when I'm going through my settings and my time zone is almost 2000 miles away.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Who can I talk to about a misconfigured tower? I live in New Mexico (Mountain Time) and my Time Zone when set to auto constantly says Saskatchewan. They are really the same time but something just kinda bugs when I'm going through my settings and my time zone is almost 2000 miles away.

When I'm in New Mexico it says Mountain Time on my 810 which is basically the same ( 810 is clearly better :wink:) phone .

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon 928 updated to GDR3 as well and confirm that the automatic timezone sets itself incorrectly. In my case I'm Eastern but it sets itself to Bogota, Lima, Quito. Its the same UTC offset, -5, but they don't observer daylight saving time so my calandar entries were messed up.
I manuallset to Eastern, backed out, then went back to auto and it seems to be holding Eastern now...

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon 928 updated to GDR3 as well and confirm that the automatic timezone sets itself incorrectly. In my case I'm Eastern but it sets itself to Bogota, Lima, Quito. Its the same UTC offset, -5, but they don't observer daylight saving time so my calandar entries were messed up.
I manuallset to Eastern, backed out, then went back to auto and it seems to be holding Eastern now...

If you rely on your calendar a lot be sure to monitor this. For the most part mine is fixed, but every once in a while it says I'm 2000 miles away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte