Nokia Lumia 822 on AT&T

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine lost her iPhone a couple of days ago. I have a spare Nokia Lumia 822 for her to use. Will it work on AT&T? She only needs it for talk, text and data. No MMS. I have read thread upon thread about issues with MMS. She does not need MMS. Can someone please confirm whether the 822 will perform the basic functions of talk, text and web?
Many thanks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, HSPA is good enough for my needs. Never had an issue with T-Mo HSPA on 4 different phones so far. So good to know.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Me, and a lot more people are using this phone with ATT.

You're actually using the 822 on AT&T? The Verizon Nokia Lumia 822?

Huh. Wow, I learned something new today. That's pretty cool, the 822 is a much better looking phone than the 820.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Internet APN info for Access Point:

Access Point Name - straight talk

Username - blank

Password - blank

Proxy Address - mms3.tracfone.com

Proxy Port - 80

Network Type - IPv4

Authentication Type - none

MMS APN info for Access Point:

MMS Access Point name - tfdata

Username - none

Password - none

Proxy Address - 66.209.11.33

Proxy Port - 80

MMSC Address - http://mms-tf.net

Network Type - IPv4

Authentication Type - none

These settings work for me on everything with a Straight Talk ATT SIM. Make sure you go into the "Cellular" settings in the "Settings" menu, and clear out all the entries for APNs there, then reboot for good measure. If that doesn't work, I don't know to to help you further. Good luck.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
You're actually using the 822 on AT&T? The Verizon Nokia Lumia 822?

Huh. Wow, I learned something new today. That's pretty cool, the 822 is a much better looking phone than the 820.

Yep, the SIM slot is unlocked for international use. If you take it to a ATT brick and mortar store, make sure you get the APN info beforehand. Every employee I've dealt with is clueless on how to enter it. I'm sure some exist, though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
All Verizon Phones using the LTE band must be not locked to their network, as one of the terms of the lease they have for their LTE band.

47 CFR 27.16 (e):
[TIP](e) Handset locking prohibited. No licensee may disable features on handsets it provides to customers, to the extent such features are compliant with the licensee's standards pursuant to paragraph (b)of this section, nor configure handsets it provides to prohibit use of such handsets on other providers' networks.[/TIP]

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
All Verizon Phones using the LTE band must be not locked to their network, as one of the terms of the lease they have for their LTE band.

47 CFR 27.16 (e):
[TIP](e) Handset locking prohibited. No licensee may disable features on handsets it provides to customers, to the extent such features are compliant with the licensee's standards pursuant to paragraph (b)of this section, nor configure handsets it provides to prohibit use of such handsets on other providers' networks.[/TIP]

...but if they don't have LTE bands for AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint, what good does that law do?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Jakeara Malloy

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
i just did the byop for straght talk for my nokia lumia 822 with the at&t sim card and im trying to complete the apn mms settings but everywhere i go no one ever includes maximum mms size thats all i need for it to work can you help?

WMRodd

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I read and have not confrimed it yet,that AT&T sims that they let Straight Talk use will not give you full 4G LTE. So it does not make since to take a expensive phone expecting to get amazing results. Plus all cell phone carriers can't tell you exactly when and were you will have coverage. It looks like the Verizon Global Ready phones still get you good speeds with Straight Talk and work with sims out of the US. Thats Win,Win!

mdeche101644

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
why I can't surf in the internet when i'm in china.--verison822,is it care of APN? My english is bad...haha...
I saw someone said that I have to change radio?what's this,and in my contury nobody made this, I wan't to know how to make this .
Thank you all~~~~~:evil:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3