When will Black Arrive for the Verizon 822?

Status
Not open for further replies.

menghai

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I just checked my 822 for an update (like I naively do every evening) and it's actually installing something. Is this Black? If not, what is it?

Edit: says it's Microsoft update 8.0.10328.78. Don't think it is. A search says its gdr2?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

tanglewoodDEV

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep, an update here in Georgia too
Could you guys tell me how big it is in megabytes?

P.S. Shouldn't the phone tell you when the update is available?

No update for me in Georgia on my 822.

To the phone alerting you, I've never been alerted but I just assumed that it was because I've never given it time because I always know about the update within hours.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No update for me in Georgia on my 822.

To the phone alerting you, I've never been alerted but I just assumed that it was because I've never given it time because I always know about the update within hours.
The phone only checks weekly for updates, so if you follow WPCentral, you're probably never going to get an update because you're on top of it. :wink:

@tanglewoodDEV
I'm in the country Georgia, not the US state.

... and yeah, it's Amber
LOL - imagining the two "Georgian" accents! (and I live in Georgia, US, as a transplant from the Midwest - LOL)

theakpal

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Turned the phone on and was excited to see the update. Yes, Black, I thought. Finally! Then, of course, I checked after install and nope, same version number as before. WTH!

One thing I did notice that seemed different was that the screen colors were muted. They were nice, bright, and vibrant before. Now, they're kind of dull and grainy. I do not like. Anybody else notice this?

dmilrtime

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Both my wife and I have 822's and we ran the update last night. As many have said it is NOT the Black update. Not sure what it exactly changed as I assumed it was the Black update and did not look at the info page before running the install.

I just want to mention that if you are like me and use your phone as an alarm clock then you better check the alarm settings and reset your alarms after running the update. I did not do that last night and my alarm did not go off this morning. I checked and my alarm settings were correct and they were on but they did not go off at all. I reset the alarms and tested them and they seem to work now.

Just a bit of a caution for everyone to check and even reset some of your important settings after this update.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
got it also phone runs smooth as usual. not to worried that it doesn't say "black" or if Verizon skips black.......8.1 is the biggie!!!!

John Naas

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Whatever this update is, it screwed up my phone. Accounts quit working, speeds fell off to dialup, apps stopped working half the time. Hard reset time for me. Grrr....

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Turned the phone on and was excited to see the update. Yes, Black, I thought. Finally! Then, of course, I checked after install and nope, same version number as before. WTH!

One thing I did notice that seemed different was that the screen colors were muted. They were nice, bright, and vibrant before. Now, they're kind of dull and grainy. I do not like. Anybody else notice this?

My sister noticed this on her 822 as well. I didn't notice it on mine. We compared ours using the same them color (cobalt) and brightness (medium) and they seemed pretty similar, although the cobalt color seemed a little closer to purple on mine.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
The phone only checks weekly for updates, so if you follow WPCentral, you're probably never going to get an update because you're on top of it. :wink:
LOL - imagining the two "Georgian" accents! (and I live in Georgia, US, as a transplant from the Midwest - LOL)
lol so there are 3 of us in the thread

@willied
Colors on my phone are ok. I've read somewhere that soft reset cures that issue.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My sister noticed this on her 822 as well. I didn't notice it on mine. We compared ours using the same them color (cobalt) and brightness (medium) and they seemed pretty similar, although the cobalt color seemed a little closer to purple on mine.

Try going to Settings > Display and down in Lumia color profile tap adjust, and see if you and your sister's setting match.

ItsMcDiddles

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I always have mine set to natural and neutral for my color profile

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings > Display and down in Lumia color profile tap adjust, and see if you and your sister's setting match.

The settings are the same. I'm thinking it might just be the fact that my phone is older than hers and the screen has changed over time.

ItsMcDiddles

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have a feeling since AT&T got the update out first, maybe we'll see black out by may for the 822/928.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss