[Official] Nokia Lumia 822 Black Update Thread

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having 2 bugs ( I think):
-if I restart, volume control down to 13/30
-now is impossible to share internet connection even if I download "access point" app. And it turns my WiFi on. Wired!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Been spinning gears for about three hours. Any solutions?

Edit: Pulled the battery. Annnnd now my phone is toast. "ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down."

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Been spinning gears for about three hours. Any solutions?

Edit: Pulled the battery. Annnnd now my phone is toast. "ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down."
Try this maybe? Trouble with your Nokia Windows Phone? Restore it with the official Software Recovery Tool | Windows Phone Central I haven't used it to recover but I did launch it to see what it looked like and there's a button for "My phone doesn't boot". I'm paraphrasing but it's close to that. It will probably have to download an image for your phone.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Try this maybe? Trouble with your Nokia Windows Phone? Restore it with the official Software Recovery Tool | Windows Phone Central I haven't used it to recover but I did launch it to see what it looked like and there's a button for "My phone doesn't boot". I'm paraphrasing but it's close to that. It will probably have to download an image for your phone.

Yeah, i started that process when I realized what had happened. It's going to take about an hour and a half though. Oh well, I'm just going to buy the Icon on Thursday anyway. Maybe i'll go ahead and use my Trophy for a bit before buying it.

Ek-Balam

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
OK now...... I may be confused, daft, or both!

My two week old 822 kindly told me today the I had a "update" queued for download. In what I'm finding is typical WP fashion, it did not state what update.... this prompted me to visit my trusty WPC forums in attempt to decipher what update it may be and came across this fine thread. I then assumed that it was the awaited "Black" update so I started the download process. 27 minutes later, update and re-boot complete, device seems to be running correctly. All is good.

However, I am failing to see any of the "Black" goodness as described in these and other forums. No glance update, no app folders, no double tap to wake.......nada.

I know some kind of update was pushed and installed, but for the life of me I can not figure out witch one. Maybe it is "Black" and I am just too ignorant to figure this out.

Lumia 822, Verizon, USA

Any thoughts, tips, brain transplants welcome!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
OK now...... I may be confused, daft, or both!

My two week old 822 kindly told me today the I had a "update" queued for download. In what I'm finding is typical WP fashion, it did not state what update.... this prompted me to visit my trusty WPC forums in attempt to decipher what update it may be and came across this fine thread. I then assumed that it was the awaited "Black" update so I started the download process. 27 minutes later, update and re-boot complete, device seems to be running correctly. All is good.

However, I am failing to see any of the "Black" goodness as described in these and other forums. No glance update, no app folders, no double tap to wake.......nada.

I know some kind of update was pushed and installed, but for the life of me I can not figure out witch one. Maybe it is "Black" and I am just too ignorant to figure this out.

Lumia 822, Verizon, USA

Any thoughts, tips, brain transplants welcome!
Look up your build number and let us know what you got.

ItsMcDiddles

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Double tap to wake is in display or touch glance you have to download (try sysapp pusher) you can do custom text tones and apply a custom tone to a single contact. Tap x to close multitasked apps (press and hold back button.) The apps are not available at the moment.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Ek-Balam

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello All:

Thanks for the quick replies. Showing - OS v# 10517.150 Firmware3051.40000.1352.0042

From your notes above, this seems down rev'ed from "Black". Now showing "no updates available" .......

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello All:

Thanks for the quick replies. Showing - OS v# 10517.150 Firmware3051.40000.1352.0042

From your notes above, this seems down rev'ed from "Black". Now showing "no updates available" .......

OK, so after going into settings you see none of the new features?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello All:

go to system settings under extras+info and it should say Lumia Black under software release

RduNC

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well here we go. Got it downloaded. Preparing to install. Spinning gears started at 9:10pm finished at 9:18pm. Migrating data finished at 9:34pm. Did last restart and finished at 9:36pm.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Got the update and the glance notifications works by default. Just can't seem to get Beamer and Storyteller to install???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786