[Official] Nokia Lumia 822 Black Update Thread

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok Ek, for Black you should have OS 10517 and build 1357. If you do, something must've gone wrong with the install.

I'm, on OS 10521.155 (Developer Preview)and Firmware 1352.0042 but the extras+info shows Lumia Black, so do I have the entire update or is something missing. The only new features I can confirm are Glance with notifications and App folder(which I've had since GDR3 with Dev Preview).

EDIT: I found this and it seems build is 1352 NOT 1357
57355d1392734598t-imagen1.jpg

Last edited:

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
My problem with internet sharing are solved, how? Apparently with this update we don't need access point app, when I uninstalled it works again!

Now I just have one problem, volumen control. I think I will do a soft reset.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been caught up in the enthusiasm of the Icon release tomorrow. Now after calming down after a week I'm not sure.
The 822 is a great device and I've had zero issues with it. I've had it for over a year. The Icon would give me a third row of icons plus a few on the bottom and increase the screen by about a half inch.
I got to thinking do I really need or want extra icons. Everything I want is already fitting nicely as is.
The upgraded camera is not a feature I need. My camera does fine. So I don't know. I might go "feel" it and want it. I admit that I tend to be obsessed by the latest and greatest gadget. I've resisted other's though.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been caught up in the enthusiasm of the Icon release tomorrow. Now after calming down after a week I'm not sure.
The 822 is a great device and I've had zero issues with it. I've had it for over a year. The Icon would give me a third row of icons plus a few on the bottom and increase the screen by about a half inch.
I got to thinking do I really need or want extra icons. Everything I want is already fitting nicely as is.
The upgraded camera is not a feature I need. My camera does fine. So I don't know. I might go "feel" it and want it. I admit that I tend to be obsessed by the latest and greatest gadget. I've resisted other's though.

Yeah! I'm in same boat. With Black now on my 822 I'm really enjoying the new features especially the multitasking. This 822 has been rock solid for me since November 2012, gonna be hard to let it go.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
@titoyees
I'm on Amber and I already had no need in Access Point, I could change my internet settings right away
As regard to your volume issues, same here bro. Every soft reset leads to decrease of volume and then I have to increase it by button.

As to Black. It's ready to download. Georgia (caucasus) here.
Good job, Verizon! I hope you won't miss 8.1 as well.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe it! I got the Black update! I thought sure that when I switched to Straight Talk from VZW that I wouldn't get anymore firmware updates for my 822. WooHoo!

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Guys, will my 822 be bricked if wifi connection will be interrupted during
a. downloading update
b. installing update
c. data migration - I'm almost certain, wifi has nothing to do with this stage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members