WiFi problem

ebk14

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I actually developed a similar problem with an HTC 8x in the past (which I just accepted bc I knew it was a very problematic phone) but now im having a WiFi problem my 822 as well. I started noticing apps (especially 6tag) taking longer to load a few weeks ago while connected to WiFi. I have the same problem on other WiFi connections besides my home one and have tried deleting the network in my phone and reconnecting, but this didn't help. Some apps seems to still run fine, perhaps its just due to the amount of content to load. Anyone else had this slowing WiFi problem on their 822 or other windows phone and know a solution?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What other apps are running slow for you on WiFi?

How fast is your WiFi network?

I've experienced issues with apps being slow on WiFi (not 6tag, since I don't use it), but it's been when I've used really slow public WiFi networks, not my home network. Here is my speed.

9563363.png

ebk14

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I dont think its a problem with my WiFi, as my computer runs fine and I've been using the same internet before the problem arose. I was also barely able to open pictures from my picture hub that were accessing pictures from my Facebook (would just load black squares). I use very few apps, so its hard to say what else is being affected, although i do recall trouble watching videos through metrotube the other day.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I dont think its a problem with my WiFi, as my computer runs fine and I've been using the same internet before the problem arose. I was also barely able to open pictures from my picture hub that were accessing pictures from my Facebook (would just load black squares). I use very few apps, so its hard to say what else is being affected, although i do recall trouble watching videos through metrotube the other day.
Have you tried the Speed Test app to see how fast your network is? Speedtest.net | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

ebk14

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Download speed is 8.79 mbps and upload speed is 1.21. Im assuming that's measuring my WiFi connection if I'm currently connected to my WiFi. Thoughts? Pretty sure those speeds are good...

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It sounds more like a software than a WiFi issue. You're tried resetting the phone? Is there any software change that occurred before this problem started?

ebk14

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd like the avoid resetting the phone if possible, just bc of all the work to get it back to what I have on here now. And no, dont think I've downloaded an update in quite some time now. Hopefully 8.1 will fix it...

ebk14

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm bumping this up, I really wish someone could help me with this WiFi issue. Just installed 8.1 update and still having the problem..

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This may not be exactly the same issue, but I wanted to share it anyway. I constantly had strange problems with my 822 not staying connected to my WiFi. The only fix I could find was to disable/enable wifi on the phone and then it would be fine for anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I dealt with this for months and assumed WP WiFi just had issues.

Then occasionally I started seeing issues on my 8.1 laptop too. On a hunch, I contacted Verizon support and told them my router appeared to be going bad and requested they swap it. (I didn't want them to just blame my phone, so I embellished a bit and told them multiple devices were having issues). They shipped me a new router and I've had zero issues since.

The old router was a Verizon Fios/Actiontec model that I had been using since 2008.

So if you've been batting WiFi problems and you know you've tried EVERYTHING, it may be worth getting your internet provider to swap your wifi router. It worked for me!

PS - If this works for you, please reply to this tread and let everyone know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro