How will I get Windows 8.1 on My AT&T 822w?

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am wondering how can I get the update for 8.1 for my 822. I got it through a developer program, it is branded as AT&T but it is factory unlocked but the thing is I live in Canada and I don't think any service provider up here ever offered the 822, so I am not sure how I can force it to update.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
ATT did not sell an 822 phone only Verizon did. Get the Developer Preview program and upgrade the device to WP 8.1.1
Cheers.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
ATT did not sell an 822 phone only Verizon did. Get the Developer Preview program and upgrade the device to WP 8.1.1
Cheers.

Right Verizon. I would like to get the non developer version of 8.1 as I want to have it run the same that an average person would run.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Right Verizon. I would like to get the non developer version of 8.1 as I want to have it run the same that an average person would run.

You cannot, not until Verizon releases it at least. DP however is basically the same code MS released to VZW for testing.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone work on this now? I am checking the threads and the nokia website and seems like so many devices still have not gotten 8.1. It is taking so long.....

Factman

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone work on this now? I am checking the threads and the nokia website and seems like so many devices still have not gotten 8.1. It is taking so long.....

Regardless of how much you want it, it ain't gonna happen until the carrier decides it is ready.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone hear anything? I am not finding anything about this? Are they still actually planning to release this?

Last edited:

Dissension

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Yea really, I just noticed that it now says "Under development", hopefully that means it's starting to roll out............since I don't know what they have to develop and hope they meant deployment

Sorry, as reported on WindowsCentral.com, the firmware update was rejected by Verizon and sent back to Microsoft for redevelopment.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Which completely sucks. And is also why I plan on dumping Verizon as soon as my contract is up. I'm fed up with them.
I too had a 822 which I loved from day one! The Friday the 830 came out I dumped Verizon and couldn't be happier! They suck! Overrated and overpriced!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte