Can't enable internet sharing

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello
I have a 822, but I don't have vzw service since I don't live in US. Is internet sharing (tethering) disabled in the phone? If so, is there a way to enable it? Thanks in advance

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I have a 822, but I don't have vzw service since I don't live in US. Is internet sharing (tethering) disabled in the phone? If so, is there a way to enable it? Thanks in advance

You would find Internet Sharing in the settings right under mobile+SIM or NFC (if your phone has NFC) unless it isn't updated to 8.1. In any case it should be in your settings. Internet Sharing makes your phone act as a modem so if you have no connection to the internet with your cellular plan then there's no point.

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
The data connection works fine, and I have found the settings. But, as soon as I enable it, the slider turns grey, and it does not enable it. It stays like that for a while, then turns off again.
That's why I am asking if it could be a firmware issue, or a phone restriction (since normaly you have to pay extra for tethering AFAIK)
The phone has the latest developer preview, but still on lumia black firmware.

Last edited:

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Ah ok sorry about that. I can't really say since my Lumia when I turn it on it stays on even when I'm not paying for tethering. It's possible that it's a firmware issue. Perhaps the others would have a better idea on what's going on.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Did you get any message like ' internet sharing can't be turned on right now' or something like that? I did get one such message today out of the blue. A restart fixed it though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos