memory maintenance on lumia 822

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's my understanding that the windows 8.1 upgrade, when it arrives for the Lumia 822, will allow users to very easily move apps and games to the expansion card. This is a good thing, because I'm at the phone memory limit.

With that thought in mind, I'm wondering if there is any way, now, to manually move apps and games to the expansion card? I've deleted temporary files and long ago moved such photos and music files as I have to the card; are there are other tricks or tips for clearing up memory? I need that memory now, and will need more just to load the update when it eventually arrives.

For example, I only occasionally use the Here programs. Could the maps be deleted for the time being? (I didn't see any obvious way of doing this).

I understand complaining about verizon/microsoft is more or less part of the drill, but I have to say that I'm very happy with the 822. It's been almost flawless in execution and operation, it's the right size (I have no interest in lugging around a mini tablet and calling it a "phone") and it does everything I need. And as for Verizon, other than treating the 822 as a poor relative worthy of neglect, I can't complain. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If you use Lumia storage check you can move Here maps (the maps themselves) to the SD card. I don't have any apps on the sd card myself but I have moved the maps there which freed up about a GB for me. I agree about the 822. I'm happy with the phone but I am getting fed up with Verizon on all counts. As far as map management goes, go to settings>applications>maps>download maps. Then just long press any map you want to delete.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I should add that I've been running the DP since the get go and have had no issues on my 822. I just wish Verizon would pull their heads out of their butts and release Cyan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb