Apps not closing

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my phone to Denim and win phone 8.1 whenever it was released about a week ago. Ever since then some apps aren't closing. Most notably is facebook but that might be because I use it more often than other apps. If I'm in facebook then click on the back button it takes me to the home screen. If I long press the back button I can see facebook is still running. The win phone 8.0 would always close it out. Is this a bug in 8.1 or is it designed to work this way with the new OS?

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Its a small feature in WP8.1 which allows apps to run in background so that they can be resumed quickly the next time you access it.

In case you don't want it that way, you can change the settings under battery saver.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Its a small feature in WP8.1 which allows apps to run in background so that they can be resumed quickly the next time you access it.

In case you don't want it that way, you can change the settings under battery saver.

Battery saver prevents apps from running in the background, but Facebook etc still remain open. They're closed by swiping down or pressing the X button.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Then why isn't calendar there now, when I longpress backarrow button?
It can't be a feature to leave heavy games opened

It's a feature intended to stop apps closing by pressing the back button, instead closing them by swiping down or pressing the X button. It doesn't mean the apps are running, and it doesn't apply to all apps. I'm tired of repeating myself, just bloody Google/Bing what I'm telling you if you need further confirmation. I'm not making this **** up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo