Nokia 822 showing red screen with NOKIA logo..phone unresponsive. What should I do?

Assassin 11B3P

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia 822 showing red screen with NOKIA logo...phone unresponsive

OK, so I was on the last WP10 preview, but decided to go back to 8.1 GDR2 (or whatever they're calling it), because the preview version had nothing working- no apps, no wifi, nothing.

So I upgraded the Nokia software recovery tool and proceeded to download the previous OS. Since it was like 2AM, I decided to leave the phone connected to the PC (so it could charge), and went to bed while the PC downloaded the file.

When I awoke later on and tried to do the restore, the NSRT couldn't get the job done. Nothing was working. I don't remember what I did after that, but that's when the problems started.

I did a few searches and found out how to hard reset the phone (power off, press and hold power and one of the volume buttons (I've seen instructions saying UP and some saying DOWN)), but nothing is working.

When I connect the phone to the PC, Windows sounds its hardware connected sound, but the phone doesn't appear in My PC. When I disconnect the USB cable, Windows gives the hardware disconnected sound.

OK, so I am at wits end. Any suggestions, or do I have a new conversation piece?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia 822 showing red screen with NOKIA logo...phone unresponsive

Please try the following:

turn off the phone, leave it for 10 seconds, press the power button to turn it on and then immediately afterwards press the volume down button until you see an exclamation mark on the screen (ya can't miss it lol), then press the following buttons in this order!: volume up, volume down, power and then volume down again.

write this down somewhere and keep it near you while doing this :)

Keep us updated

Assassin 11B3P

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the help...unfortunately, all I have is a red screen with the NOKIA logo near the top. I held the volume DOWN button for nearly a minute. When I connect the phone to the PC, I can see Windows installing device drivers, but the phone never appears in My PC.

I think I did something baaaadd... :(

Assassin 11B3P

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

yeah...it's bricked. :(

UPDATE (15 July): NO IT'S NOT! :)
Took it to a cellphone repair shop. They couldn't do anything about it, but said that they located a few items on the internet concerning this. Even though the Gear and Bolt symbols never appear, it was suggested to just give the Nokia software lots of time to connect. I did (took forever, like almost an hour), and it found the phone and restored it to the original (or most current) build! Whew!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077