How can I get 822 to MMS / Group Text on other carriers???

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 822 but have AT&T instead of Verizon. I have also updated it to the latest Windows 8.1 (that's the highest this phone goes). I've made it so that internet and texting works just fine, but picture messages still do not appear.

The messages appear as "Get media content now," then I click it and it says frozen as "Getting media content" for a bit but nothing ever shows up.

Please help. I assume it has to do with my MMS/APN settings but need guidance.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 822 Media Content Issue

Verizon does something to the firmware on Windows Phones that prevents users from adjusting MMS settings. There used to be a standalone App called Access Point that allowed it, but that App is no longer available.

Verizon branded phones will not do MMS or group text with another carrier's SIM in the slot.

Sorry.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I actually found a QR code that let me install Access Point. Nokia releases update for Access Point; includes operator settings and improvements | Windows Central

However, It won't open on my device as my OS is too new. I can't walk you through a step by step.

Does it open for you?

If it does, look for edit or set MMS APN and use these values:

Capture01.png

johncomeslately

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

Sorry for the delay. Those settings didn't work for me. Also, I'm a bit confused since my Access Point does indeed open, but my Cellular+SIM settings also have APN settings so I have no idea how compatabile/incompatible those settings are with one another.

I have literally looked at a zillion threads (on this website and others) about this issue. The only thing that kinda assures 100% texting back and forth between INDIVIDUAL people is by adding a +1 to everyone's phone number (so changing ppl from (555)555-5555 to 1 (555)555-5555 on my contacts). I did this test with a friend and I can now get texts back and forth seamlessly.

Unfortunately group texts and picture messages are still a no-go.

johncomeslately

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Can others who see this chime in?

I have removed the "Getting media content" msg but still have the issue of not getting the actual content. Now I get messages from "UNKNOWN" and it says "Message not found."

So altering the MMS settings seems to do one of two things: for the settings RumoredNow provided above, I get "Getting media content" for pictures and for about 25% of regular texts. For my current settings I have:
settings.jpg

These settings along with adding +1 to numbers allows me to regular text 100%, but I get Unknown Message Not Found for all the rest (which might include emoji texts as well).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes