Official Lumia 830 specs+info - it's here!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
  • Colors - Green, orange, "dark grey," white
  • 5" IPS LCD display
  • 10mp PureView with Zeis Optics and OIS
  • 2200ma battery with built-in Qi
  • "̶Q̶u̶a̶d̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶S̶n̶a̶p̶d̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶o̶r̶"̶ ̶-̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶a̶y̶ ̶:̶D̶
  • *Edit: I and others heard them say this on stage, but apparently it's a SD 400 (dual core). Kinda shady, unless it was an honest mistake*
  • 1GB RAM
  • Shipping this month
  • An "updated Glance screen"
  • Ships with Lumia Denim (Debian Red)

Last edited:

dare100em

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Officially rLumia 830 specs/info - it's here!

I guess that means 90% plus probability for S400:crying:

if it really was a S800 they would have stated this.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Officially rLumia 830 specs/info - it's here!

Didn't hear anything about display size yet... none of the articles out on the announcement list it either since it wasn't mentioned (unless I missed it). I'm sure plenty of questions will be asked.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
It's 333 euros. So you gotta compromise somewhere

330 + taxes, i will not pay 400€ (probably more) for a phone with the same CPU of a 130€ (like the Lumia 630).
Snapdragon 400 means short lifetime before "feel old", means worst performance compared to Lumia 820, means limits like no 4k video, means a good phone with an inadeguate CPU that doesn't deserve anyone money.

dare100em

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's really a too weak point. It future security, multi-app performance, GPU (games) and more.

Like the 512 MP RAM in the 72, 480p in 820, or the lack of SD-support in 930, the sensor lack of the 630 and so on and on. I'm really, really scared about the furture of WinPhone outside the lowend. Problem is, you can't earn money with low end devices and MS is a sharholder company.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
MS is following Nokia. There is no true flagship phone. They always skip some feature in one model, but add the feature on another model. Like 930 does not have a removable back, SD card but 830 has but lacks speedier processor.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm really, really scared about the furture of WinPhone outside the low end. Problem is, you can't earn money with low end devices and MS is a sharholder company.

Are you new here??!!
Nokia was doing really good and made hell lots of money with the low end devices. But then, Nokia provided better low end devices than any competitor. After the arrival of Windows phone, they failed to do so. Now when WP's low end phones were getting successful they are not trying to catch up with the competitor's devices in the same price category. They always price it higher and reduce the specs . That strategy is eventually going to fail. They could've easily beat Moto G with 830 by pricing it somewhere near. Hell even 730 is costlier than Moto G!!.

So, you CAN earn money with low end or mid-end devices, only if you price them correctly according to competitors and specs.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
730 has a 5MP front camera while 830 has 1MP. Are you kidding me? Apparently, people will pay upto $160 more than 730 for .3" of more screen, gorilla glass 3, 10MP pureview camera and 16gb of internal. Way to go Microaoft. :/

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
730 has a 5MP front camera while 830 has 1MP. Are you kidding me? Apparently, people will pay upto $160 more than 730 for .3" of more screen, gorilla glass 3, 10MP pureview camera and 16gb of internal. Way to go Microaoft. :/

Where are you getting 1MP FFC? Specs on here say 5MP

EDIT: It definitely said 5MP when the article was first published!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Snapdragon S400 at 1.2ghz (same as lumia 630) confirmed from Nokia site: Nokia Lumia 830 Specifications - Nokia

Lumia 830 is officially a waste of money. What now? Wait for 1030 or consider an Android device? This sucks.

Well, it won't be the same as the 630. The 630's SoC variant is the MSM8226, which isn't listed as being LTE-capable. It's probably the MSM8926, which admittedly appears to just be the 8226 with LTE. So, it might functionally be identical to the 630, from the CPU and GPU standpoint. If that's the case, the phone's dead in the water, because it honestly might not be faster than a Lumia 820 for some tasks, seeing as the Basemark results pegged the 820's MSM8960 in the Galaxy S III to be faster than the MSM8926 in the Galaxy Grand 2.

We'll see, but I can say now that this is a budget device, at best. If the 930 doesn't come to the U.S. (meaning to non-Verizon carriers), Windows Phone is basically dead in America. The 1520 is too big for most users, and the 830 is underpowered to hell, to the point that off-contract buyers would do better to buy a Nexus and on-contract buyers will do better to go with any number of phones in the $100 range.

Is there some convention for later in 2014 that I am not remembering or something? It feels like Microsoft has completely obliterated its appeal in the high-profit sector here. If I'm on AT&T and my upgrade it up in November, what the hell can I upgrade to, just the 1520? That seems to be the case. My sister's been dying to upgrade from her 822 on Verizon, and it's pretty pathetic that 6+ months after the Icon released, that's the only option still. I mean, I guess the new HTC is also there, but it's the same thing without capacitive buttons, so why even bother with it?

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Where are you getting 1MP FFC? Specs on here say 5MP

EDIT: It definitely said 5MP when the article was first published!

Yup. The first time I read WPCentral article it said 5mp, at this point my only problem was price. Then I read other blogs and they all mentioned 1mp so I came back and checked wpcentral article again, this time it said 1mp. Such a brazen stark from 730's 5mp ffc totally made me go bonkers.

underpowered to hell, to the point that off-contract buyers would do better to buy a Nexus and on-contract buyers will do better to go with any number of phones in the $100 range.

Was saving money for 830. Now, will probably buy HTC Desire 820 with that money. Kudos Microsoft!

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
So, it might functionally be identical to the 630, from the CPU and GPU standpoint. If that's the case, the phone's dead in the water

yeah, it is the exact same. You can have confirmation here: AnandTech | Qualcomm Announces MSM8926 - Snapdragon 400 with Quad Core A7s and Cat 4 LTE

This is a budget device priced as a medium/medium-high performance device :(

I, in italy, have the possibility to buy 930 (we don't have carrier exclusivity) but that phone is heavy, no sd, no glance, no intercambiable covers.. not that appealing. So.. i want to upgrade my Lumia 925 but i just don't have anything better to upgrade :(

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The upgrade choices for all those AT&T Lumia 920 and 1020 owners is looking very, very weak. Basically old hardware, or phones that you need to change carriers for.

Or go with a rival platform.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah, it is the exact same. You can have confirmation here: AnandTech | Qualcomm Announces MSM8926 - Snapdragon 400 with Quad Core A7s and Cat 4 LTE

This is a budget device priced as a medium/medium-high performance device :(

I, in italy, have the possibility to buy 930 (we don't have carrier exclusivity) but that phone is heavy, no sd, no glance, no intercambiable covers.. not that appealing. So.. i want to upgrade my Lumia 925 but i just don't have anything better to upgrade :(

Yeah, I don't really see the point in letting my 920 go. I can lose wireless charging (since AT&T strips Qi out of stuff), I can lose display resolution, and I can gain 1.3 MP on my camera and get a different case cover and microSD support that I don't need (the 32 GB in my 920 has been fine for almost 2 years)?

I've seen nothing to show off how the Snapdragon 400 will top the S4 in my 920 either, since there aren't any comprehensive benchmarks for me to look at, and the only one I could KIND OF look at didn't look favorably upon the 400.

The upgrade choices for all those AT&T Lumia 920 and 1020 owners is looking very, very weak. Basically old hardware, or phones that you need to change carriers for.

Or go with a rival platform.

Well, the 1520 is there, if you can tolerate the size. It doesn't totally bother me, it's just that I didn't expect to get to the end of 2014 without something to improve upon the 920 in the "mass market" area (meaning the 4.5-5" area).

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I've seen nothing to show off how the Snapdragon 400 will top the S4 in my 920 either,

Yeah, because it won't top it.

We'll see more ignorant cheering due to it being a quad core and we'll be presented with the usual meaningless Basemark II numbers, but the more technical websites will all show this underperforming, even when compared to its own two year old predecessor (Lumia 820).

You can maybe call this high end if you consider only its features, like OIS, Qi charging, ClearBlack display and such. Maybe that is how MS rationalizes their high end classification, but the SoC definitely isn't.

On the other hand, the 730 looks to be a really sweet deal, as it appears to be very similar in most aspects except the camera.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I feel so disappointed after Daniel Rubino's tweets from yesterday saying, essentially, "oh, don't worry, that report of an SD400 is wrong."

I think the SD400 is probably a deal breaker for me. Even if they had pushed back the release and included a SD 610, I would've been quite keen on this (with a bump in price). As it is, I don't see how this is significantly more impressive than the Moto G (other than the camera). I'm sure the Moto G is going to be quite competitive on price.

anyone else feel let down?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss