Will the L830 have the "Hey Cortana" feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummerdrm

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

well, I saw the announcement of the Lumia 830 but somehow I missed if it will be able to run this "Hey Cortana" feature. Currently I use the L820 (coming from a L800) and would like to get the next version of the 8XX line. But (of course) I would like to have this Killer-Feature.
And no, the L930 is no option because it doesn't have the Glance Screen.

So, if you know more than me, please let me know.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Daniel Rubino wrote that "Hey Cortana" needs Snapdragon 800, but it sounds really "odd". In fact, the official Nokia Conversation page says that "Hey Cortana" is possible thanks to Sensor Core, and Lumia 830 has the sensor core:

• “Hey Cortana” Voice Activation - Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say “Hey Cortana” while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to theSensorCore technology.

So, tecnically speaking it SHOULD be working, but maybe the evil marketing guys could have blocked it.

Here the Nokia Conversation page i used for reference: Full of features: Lumia Denim Update - Conversations

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, not sure if Daniel Rubino's sources can be completely trusted anymore after that Snapdragon 800 vs 400 snafu. I certainly don't blame him though... I think he does an absolutely outstanding job, personally.

For whatever it's worth, the tweet announcing the "Hey Cortana" feature on the official WindowsPhone twitter account was accompanied by a photo showing both the 930 and the 830.

https://twitter.com/windowsphone/status/507641765915279360

drummerdrm

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So we have to wait until the Phone is released to the market(s) and test it ourselves. Hopefully it will work because I want a Mobile Phone with both, the "Hey Cortana" feature AND Glance Screen.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The Hey Cortana feature is listed under the "Lumia Exclusives" section of the conversations page...
and yes, if you follow the sensorcore link on that nokia conversations page then it does state that 630 and 635 have Sensorcore too...

so i'm with y'all, wait and see what each market gets...
but atleast Cortana is being released to more markets, right?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. Still waiting for a release in Germany. Actually I have set my language and region to English (United States) to use Cortana ;)

i watched the video of the announcement last night via the conversations page and the do mention that Cortana Alpha is coming to european markets

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I think this is fine to differentiate the high-end from the low-end and mid-range. Because if you open the flood gates to all there will be no reason to buy a high-end phone and high-end phones makes the real money. You just have to think it as a business man perspective.

drummerdrm

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I think this is fine to differentiate the high-end from the low-end and mid-range. Because if you open the flood gates to all there will be no reason to buy a high-end phone and high-end phones makes the real money. You just have to think it as a business man perspective.

I absolutely agree with you. But from a high-end model I expect that it supports all features and not miss such killer features like the Glance Screen.
If the 830 would not support "Hey Cortana", i would even buy a 930, but not without glance. I don't want to miss any of this features.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely agree with you. But from a high-end model I expect that it supports all features and not miss such killer features like the Glance Screen.
If the 830 would not support "Hey Cortana", i would even buy a 930, but not without glance. I don't want to miss any of this features.

i think you are bringing an argument in to this thread that has no place -
this is for Hey Cortana support -
​this is NOT for discussion related to mid/high end phones - please keep it on topic

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted @Nokia and flat out asked them if the Lumia 830 has the "Hey Cortana" feature. They replied that no it does not. So there you have it, an official response that the Lumia 830 doesn't have "Hey Cortana". Bummer... :unhappy:

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey-Cortana.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member