Why the Lumia 830 may Succeed

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
But I think this phone will fail.
Only because nobody care about addition features they care about price.

It doesn't even support latest features. This phone is more like a budget phone in a premium price.
Even most of WP users will go with L730 & L930 instead of L830.

Just wait & see it's pricing will go down(atleast by $100) very soon.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
But I think this phone will fail.
Only because nobody care about addition features they care about price.

It doesn't even support latest features. This phone is more like a budget phone in a premium price.
Even most of WP users will go with L730 & L930 instead of L830.

Just wait & see it's pricing will go down(atleast by $100) very soon.

But if ms advertise the camera some may blindly buy it for ois nd five inch screen.Now MS advertise this lumia 830 everywhere in india nd hope for sales.else bring it in low quantities nd get profit on each unit sold.if u hope for sales then be aware moto g will chew this phone in terms of sale.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
At least there are some WP users who would buy 830. Many of them have been waiting for it. As far as Moto g is concerned, 830 is a lot better

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You are correct in that the 830 is a better phone than the Moto G. but is it twice as good. I just bought a Moto G LTE as a backup for my 820. I paid 209$ from AMazon. One day I will upgrade my 820; but I am not sure if the 830 is the upgrade I want. If they had at least put a 600 series processor in it I would be waiting in line. Now I am not sure and will wait and see what happens and if the price comes down from the over 400$ I have seen as a suggested price. Plus I would really like a Flagship phone, I have the moeny for it set aside (been set aside for months). But the specs for this phone do not say Flagship to me. But if the price is right (not 400$ plus) I might bite. MIGHT

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey then go nd now see iPhone 6 specification.it has very low specs but charging a fortune.so Lumia 830 deserves the money it is being charged.
From Windows phone

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
But now I have changed my decision.waiting for Lumia 930 in India.i don't like Lumia 1520 due to its size.I cant imagine 1 gb ram in 2014 in flagship devices.
From Windows phone

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey then go nd now see iPhone 6 specification.it has very low specs but charging a fortune.so Lumia 830 deserves the money it is being charged.
From Windows phone
ppl are willing to pay premium for iphone, ppl are not willing to pay premium for wp, simple.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I will agree with your premise, just not the target audience. It most likely isn't shooting for those who buy older iPhones. Simply put, there is a status symbol in holding a bitten fruit product that just does not exist for any other tech. There will be only one way that any WP, Android, Firefox OS, or Amazon bearing phone cuts into that: If Apple drops the ball and gets complacent. Unless their user base feels like Apple is just milking them dry and not giving them what they want, no one is touching Apple and their brand.

However, that users want a premium feeling product, but at an affordable price, that is the L830's consumer. This isn't about beating any Android or iPhone 4S/5S sales, it is about convincing the undecided user tthat this is the best device in it's price range. That is most likely a larger group of users then what we give credit for it being. Can MS do it?

I think the "affordable premium" tagline and promotion is the way to go for the L830. All of us understand it is more like a "upper mid-range" phone, but I like the approach and the desire to break new ground based on lessons learned.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You are correct in that the 830 is a better phone than the Moto G. but is it twice as good. I just bought a Moto G LTE as a backup for my 820. I paid 209$ from AMazon. One day I will upgrade my 820; but I am not sure if the 830 is the upgrade I want. If they had at least put a 600 series processor in it I would be waiting in line. Now I am not sure and will wait and see what happens and if the price comes down from the over 400$ I have seen as a suggested price. Plus I would really like a Flagship phone, I have the moeny for it set aside (been set aside for months). But the specs for this phone do not say Flagship to me. But if the price is right (not 400$ plus) I might bite. MIGHT

Why complain about 830's processor, SD 400 is fine. If they had put 600, would you be getting that feature of Cortana? No, I they had put SD 800, nobody would buy 930, all would go for 830. MS won't risk the sales of 930 for 830. Its surely an upgrade to 820, that's what I think. Still, the choice is yours

ervs

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely. That's why am getting the 730 as my first foray into wp8.1 bang for the buck, was initially choosing between the 730 and this but can't justify the price tag especially this is my 1st time trying out the os. My bro's getting the iphone 6 64gb though, freaking off contract.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

ervs

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
ppl are willing to pay premium for iphone, ppl are not willing to pay premium for wp, simple.

Sad but true though. Philippines had a sale last month I think with lumia 1020, 1320 and 1520 for almost half price at $300 to 350 more or less for the 1520 and people bought them just bcoz of the sale. But for iPhones people line up and pay premium and that's a fact.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely true people in India are buying this iPhone 6 in grey market by paying huge money above original price.iphone 6 is smash hit in India.MS strategy is right in delaying flagship release .if they released anything flagship they are going to be burning losses.
From Windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss