Lumia 830 on T-Mobile

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sick of waiting. Not thrilled with my 635. I miss my old 925 but when it broke I had no choice but to get this low end phone. I know TMOBILE is getting the HTC M8 soon and I might have to pull the trigger on it if there is no word from Microsoft about the 830 by then. I'm not really interested in the 735.

Depending on the bands it comes with it may not be a bad idea to get the ATT 830 and get it unlocked via third party and enjoy it on TMO. If there is the death star logo on the back, eBay is your friend with a fresh new back cover from China:)

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sick of waiting. Not thrilled with my 635. I miss my old 925 but when it broke I had no choice but to get this low end phone. I know TMOBILE is getting the HTC M8 soon and I might have to pull the trigger on it if there is no word from Microsoft about the 830 by then. I'm not really interested in the 735.

If they don't move on the 830, then the M8 will be my first of 2 jump upgrades. Then I will wait for the next lumia. I want that 830 though!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
NPU says: New Lumia 830 & Lumia 735 variants seen at FCC with AT&T / T-Mobile LTE bands | NPU

There is hope! Although personally, if I was in the market for a new phone, I'd wait for a Latin America unlocked Country Varian version ala-1520.3

I'm pretty sure a 830.3 version will show up for Latin America and Canada (remember the 920.3 on Rogers?). I just hope that ATT does not have an exclusive that messes up the schedule for the 830.3 to show up in 2015 instead of 2014.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
All I know is that ever morning and midday and evening I check WPCentral praying that I will see that there will be an 830 announcement for T-Mobile, or that I will receive an email from Nokia, which I signed up for, notifying me when the device will be available. I know that this announcement MUST come prior to the end of the month, so this is the last week for it. I really, really, don't want to have to wait for the M8 and then the next Lumia on Tmobile. My JBL Power up speaker is hoping for a friend to charge once more, lol.

All of these announcements of the 830 coming to this country and that country. Could Friday be T-Mobile's day? I sure hope so!

Last edited by a moderator:

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Its the end of the month. If we don't hear anything specific by the first, do we think other carriers, other than AT&T, will not be getting it? They said global release date would be September. I am still waiting for the email from Nokia letting me know when it will be available.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Guys I need help. Does anyone know if the Lumia 830 RM-985 work on T-Mobile's network? I bough this one from eBay. If I have to go to ATT I don't care too.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The RM-895 should work perfectly with T-Mobile.
Currently T-Mobile uses bands 2 and 4 for LTE, with band 12 planned to go in service in select markets this year.
The RM-895 supports both band 2 and 4.
For HSPA, the RM-895 supports T-Mobile's main 1900mhz band.
In short, the Lumia 830 will support T-Mobile's network very well.
Also, ATT and T-Mobile use the same network bands, so a phone that works on one should work on the other.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Also another quick question. So technically, I should be able to just pop the card in and that is it right? No unlocked required?

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you bought the one from ebay that WPCentral linked to, then you will be able to just pop your sim card in and go. At the most you'll have to install the access point app and let it configure the settings for your sim.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually my 830 (RM-984) didn't need to install the Access Point App.
I just popped the SIM in (AT&T in my case) and it worked just fine.

:)
Fred

If you bought the one from ebay that WPCentral linked to, then you will be able to just pop your sim card in and go. At the most you'll have to install the access point app and let it configure the settings for your sim.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, everything on the RM-984 worked out of the box on T-Mobile... MMS, Visual Voicemail, etc. Plus you get Glance and everything else the RM-985 currently doesn't have (not to mention a color choice). Also, there's been 0 difference in download speeds for me between LTE and HSDPA. In fact, HSDPA has been faster by my speed tests here in northern Virginia (DC suburbs), though LTE has given better upload speeds.

I'm not saying don't get the RM-985, just saying you won't be disappointed at all with the RM-984 if you want the phone's full feature set right now without waiting. Both will work for you out of the box, just a matter of what you're willing to do without.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing in the U.S.! I'm starting to regret being part of the JUMP program on TMobile if there are no new windows phones to jump to. Come on!

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you on that. TMOBILE is beginning to annoy me. No word on 830, 735 and no mention of the HTC M8 since they announced it'll be here for the holidays. I broke my Lumia 925 recently. Just bought a530 today. Cute little phone but I want high end. Wake up TMOBILE! I have jump but didn't use it because there's nothing to jump to on Windows phone :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234