Which 830 to buy for AT&T?

Tephra

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re:

I got my RM-985 in the mail yesterday. Set it up with an AT&T sales rep and got my account started with them, but I'm only getting HSPA+, though, and no LTE. I'm able to use MMS, too.

Did you do anything special for yours?

I had this same problem with my 1520.3. Not an expert or anything but it seems to have something to do with the IMEI not being recognized by ATT as the correct phone, in my case the 1520.3, in your case I would get on the phone with ATT tech support. I would tell them you are not getting LTE and your phone should be getting it. I had to speak with three different people in order for them to finally change my IMEI to a 1020 in order for it to work. If you don't succeed the first time try again until you do, there is varying degrees of "tech support" people with ATT.

As long as you have RM-985 you should be getting LTE if it is available in your area.

Hope this helps.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
You realize that the AT&T version comes with a free Fitbit Flex right? It retails for $100 and I sold mine the same day for $80. With selling my Fitbit, the AT&T version basically cost me $370.

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I do and that definitely helps. But I like the silver band better though and would prefer to avoid having to resell the Fitbit.

If I can't find a good deal on an unlocked silver version that works with AT&T, I'll probably just buy the AT&T version and resell the Fitbit as you did.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Do you need LTE specifically ?
And, if so, why ? :)

Here, where I'm at, LTE usually yields right at 20mps or a little more. HSPA+ is giving me 13mps +- (on AT&T)

Fred

Anyone found good prices on the RM-983 or RM-985 for AT&T? Ideally would like to get the silver band version for less than the $450 that AT&T is asking for the dark band version.

Expansys seems to only have the RM-984, though for good prices ($379). B&H has the RM-985 but it is $450.

Nokia Lumia 830 RM-985 16GB Smartphone A00021289 B&H Photo Video

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed tonight a seller on eBay that has AT&T RM-983 for $360. Listing currently shows he has more than 10 available.
Thanks for the tip! I picked one up. Price was good enough to give up on the silver version ;)

I had checked eBay earlier in the day and they weren't posted. Considering sales tax savings this is $142 less for me than directly from AT&T (minus the Fitbit of course which would recoup some of that). But nice not having to resell it. Or put another way, equivalent of $330+tax which seems about right for the 830.

Here is a link in case anyone else is interested:
http://ebay.us/Njwrig

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss