Why the Lumia 830 is not the same as the 630/Moto G

Status
Not open for further replies.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I bet Music player in Android is lot faster than music player in WP.

We only deal with that because developers are to lazy to put a splash screen. Also why hasn't Microsoft forced fast app resume for every app. That way we would have never had this problem in the first place. Lol.

what do you think about Xbox music apps.
It shows "Resuming" more than any app or game.

To be honest many games load faster than Xbox Music app in my phone

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you guys have tried android since 2.3 lol. Try a moto G and you'll be amazed at what android can do. It even has a notification led. Which WP doesn't support.
And WP has glance, which is not supported on Android. Which I also find is more noticeable than a blinking led during the night, as the whole screen lights up and gives much more info like no. Of missed calls, no of emails, in fact any app. I can also customize it with a background, write custom text, and also have a quick glance when I want to see the time. I take it out of my pocket and it automatically tells the time without pressing any button.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Let's face it guys. WP is unfinished. And Microsoft are too slow in updating their OS. The best thing I like about android is that you don't need to update your whole OS all the time. The phone can get updated features via play services. That way system apps can be updated without carrier approval. I understand if people here complain about ios but no one should be comparing WP to android. Nobody.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Actually piracy exists in both Windows Phone and iOS.

Ever heard of .ipa and .xap deploying?

Resuming and loading apart, in terms of speed particularly multitasking Android and iOS still win.

Tell me when your Windows Phones can multitask as fast as this:

http://youtu.be/yUgimOEFAeI

Moving on, Android still beats both iPhone and Windows Phone in terms of speed when opening apps and touch responsiveness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkokodBl9jQ
Yeah right, tell me something that a common consumer can do_On Android, he searches for the apk, gets it from a third party site and installs it. To deploy xap files you have to download VS2013, and also the WP8 sdk which is 4 gb+ and have to have a developer account to deploy the xap file. Tell me, will a common consumer do this? Have some common sense please.
And you know perfectly well that multitasking like that on Android kills battery like Hell. The reason why ios and WP are designed like that is to conserve battery.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
And WP has glance, which is not supported on Android. Which I also find is more noticeable than a blinking led during the night, as the whole screen lights up and gives much more info like no. Of missed calls, no of emails, in fact any app. I can also customize it with a background, write custom text, and also have a quick glance when I want to see the time. I take it out of my pocket and it automatically tells the time without pressing any button.
moto x has that feature as well. And theres likely to be an app on the play store that can already do that. There is even an app for double tap to wake there is even an app to enable ok Google on every device but you can only say hey cortana on sd800 right?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Let's face it guys. WP is unfinished. And Microsoft are too slow in updating their OS. The best thing I like about android is that you don't need to update your whole OS all the time. The phone can get updated features via play services. That way system apps can be updated without carrier approval. I understand if people here complain about ios but no one should be comparing WP to android. Nobody.
Android gets updated via play services? No way. Have you owned an Android device? None of the Android devices have updates made to system apps via the store. In WP, you can update the system apps like display, touch, battery saver, storage sense etc by the store. Not possible on Android,AFAIK.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I buy a phone because it satisfies me, not my friends. Because ultimately the person who is going to use the device is you and not your friends. That said, I've made fun of my Android friends a lot of times when their WhatsApp app says" xyz process has stopped working". They also love playing asphalt games on my phone, and they are mad that they don't have age of empires on Android and the IRCTC app makes them hate their Android phones lol. Tentacles: Enter the mind and assassins creed HD are some of the games that they are annoyed at not having on Android. They also have to pay a yearly 500Rs each year for antivirus, while I don't have to.

We'll first of all they technically don't have to pay Rs 500 each year, I've been using Android for nearly three years now. If your friends stick to downloading stuff only from the Play Store they won't ever get a virus.

Process randomly closing was an issue on older devices, I've barely ever seen it happen on any recent Android phones with good hardware.

But I highly agree with your first point, everyone should get a phone not because of what your friends say but because of what satisfies you.

Ultimately, I am a power user and I like doing several things at once and you simply can't do that on any mobile OS other than Android.

Just as an example, I can transcode a video in the background, while compressing another video, while also sending a audio/video to a friend in the background through Whatsapp, while also playing a game and while also chatting with a person using the Facebook chatheads.

You can barely do any of the above stuff together on Windows Phone and it's not the OS for power users.

I'm willing to admit that not everyone is a power user, and Windows Phone appeals to those who want a phone that does limited stuff and does it well.

Actually, Android does have a feature similar to glance. It's called Moto Display and it's on the original Moto X and the new one, it's like 10x more useful than Glance because you can interact with notifications.

But now you'll say that not every phone has it, wrong again. Because of how awesome Android is, there is an app called "AcDisplay".

1411918320831.jpg

It has interactive notifications and it also lights up when you pull your phone from your pocket, it works quite well actually and it's better than Glance.

And Glance won't be on the 730 if I am not wrong? But AcDisplay will work on the Moto G. :)

Oh and apart from just Active Display, AcDisplay, we also have notification LEDs.

We simply "have" more than a Windows Phone user can ever dream off.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah right, tell me something that a common consumer can do_On Android, he searches for the apk, gets it from a third party site and installs it. To deploy xap files you have to download VS2013, and also the WP8 sdk which is 4 gb+ and have to have a developer account to deploy the xap file. Tell me, will a common consumer do this? Have some common sense please.

And you know perfectly well that multitasking like that on Android kills battery like Hell. The reason why ios and WP are designed like that is to conserve battery.
at least all your apps and games will resume if they are in the background instantly unlike on WP where you wait for resuming.......................................
Then your app starts from the beginning

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Resuming and loading apart, in terms of speed particularly multitasking Android and iOS still win.

http://youtu.be/yUgimOEFAeI

Moving on, Android still beats both iPhone and Windows Phone in terms of speed when opening apps and touch responsiveness:

Are you kidding me? How many times have you posted that YouTube video, a hundred times or even more, because I haven't kept a count on that! I could just say in the whole YouTube you could just find that one video in which android beats others, well I could post a hundred videos in which wp7.8 beats iPhone 4/4s. Androids never come into the picture. Touch responses are measured in ?sec. So you can teach others how to measure the touch response of a phone? Keep telling all the crap, as usual in any of the thread arguing with you is always futile!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
moto x has that feature as well. And theres likely to be an app on the play store that can already do that. There is even an app for double tap to wake there is even an app to enable ok Google on every device but you can only say hey cortana on sd800 right?
There is no app for glance on the play store. As for double tap to wake, That app works only by tapping the proximity sensor, lol. The OK Google app is very buggy . I've to say it multiple times to get it working, since obviously it is not made by Google itself. Device used-Canvas HD.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
that "something" is called fan logic.. LOL!:amaze:
and man you are sooo stuck at 90%.
"90% Android has malware", "90% Android users are factory version"........I was wondering where you are getting this 90% statistics, can you bother to share with us

and WP isn't premium. You wanna argue about this too?

Apple is an example of premium

Rolls Royce is a luxary car.

what do you think how Luxury WP is?

keep dreaming man! if this helps your ego

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Multitasking on Android Isn't Laggy - YouTube

something tells me piracy on ios and wp is much tougher and not out of the box

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
at least all your apps and games will resume if they are in the background instantly unlike on WP where you wait for resuming.......................................
The fast resume feature has to be enabled by the devs of the app, not MS. Blame the lazy dev.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

If you are using any app or playing a game online, only then it'll show resuming(that to not in all apps) because it needs to check whether internet connection is still available or not. Offline apps/games resume instantly!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
no blame Microsoft for not forcing devs to do this. This problem doesn't occurs no android or iOS.
On Android you don't see the resuming screen. The app either gets stuck, or just shows a black screen for a while and then opens. Same for ios. And as I said earlier, I've seen lots of Android phones that take 5 seconds to open the dialler. They don't show any resuming screen, just a grey background for 5 seconds and then items the dialler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo