Why arent you guys talking about the amazing flip cover?!

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. I don't know if Samsung or any OEMS have done this before, but merging the cover with the back cover is a genius move. It keeps the phone thinner than it already is while covering it. I am just bummed it doesn't have at least one slit to put a credit card or drivers license.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung does actually have a flip cover like that, but I like Nokia's better. I'm actually looking more forward to the regular individual back covers being sold independently of the phone. Surprisingly, I can't find any anywhere yet, but the flip covers are already available on Ebay.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
But aren't u excited for this design? Its never been done before. It just screams elegant and simplicity.

BTW, they probably wont make anymore colors right? I'm not liking these neutral colors. Was hoping for Red or Purple :(

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
But aren't u excited for this design? Its never been done before. It just screams elegant and simplicity.

BTW, they probably wont make anymore colors right? I'm not liking these neutral colors. Was hoping for Red or Purple :(

Lol yeah the design is nice, but I guess since I've seen it before I wasn't taken aback as much. A co-worker of mine has a lime green one just like it on her Galaxy. I don't think the part that covers the screen has microfiber lining though like the Nokia one does.

As for neutral colors... do you really consider orange and green "neutral"? :winktongue: The cool thing about the removable back plates is that 3rd party designers can make custom ones. Some of those, too, are already on Ebay... things like country flags, etc. Again, these aren't cases... I'm talking about the physical back of the phone. Pretty cool.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Because it is not on sale here yet. Samsung has been doing that for years. I hope Nokia/Microsoft will come up with something like HTC Dot View.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Never been a fan of the flip covers, but it doesn't look bad. I just want one of the green shells.

And one of those wireless chargers!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's always the great debate around here... I'm with the crowd that does not want to mask the superior aesthetics of the Lumia line. If I had an iPhone or a Samsung, I'd throw a case on there because the phone is ugly (or at best average) anyway. A Nokia or even a Sony? I want that thing naked :love:

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't like flip covers at all. I had one for a while on my Samsung S4 and it just gets in the way, especially when trying to take a photo.

:)
Fred

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what they're showing on the video because there really doesn't appear to be a branding (or the bright color is too much for the camera to capture it), but Nokia is releasing a charging flip cover for Lumia 830, it's called CP-627 and there is a branding on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss