Where is Rich capture?

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 830 two days ago with Denim. This is an official release, not the prototype phone some people have. So far the Nokia Camera does not have the functionality to quickly switch to front-facing cam and the Rich capture options in the top quick-menu.

Anybody know anything about this? I thought this would be in-built...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got the 830 two days ago with Denim. This is an official release, not the prototype phone some people have. So far the Nokia Camera does not have the functionality to quickly switch to front-facing cam and the Rich capture options in the top quick-menu.

Anybody know anything about this? I thought this would be in-built...

Same here. I tweeted NokiaCare about it and they said they'd get back to me. I thought it would be built-in as a part of Denim as well. I too have a full production unit, not a prototype.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi ! the denim update is a mixed cake of which phones get what ingredients.. some of its with the denim update and others features will be added with updates. (could be in app form or over the air update) Its really only planed that the 1520/930 that will get the full denim update. Can't wait myself to try out the new Lumia camera feature..

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well that's disappointing. I was under the impression that these new features ship with the 830. Heck, even Nokia's own support team seemed to think that, as they couldn't figure out why I don't have the new features with my new Lumia 830 (production model, not prototype).

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I hit the same brick wall. Bought the Lumia 830, ran home and was all excited to play with the new camera app only to find it's still the old one.

Any word on when this will arrive? This was a major component of the new phone announcements.

norir82

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
More info about the Lumia Cameras can be found on this Windows Central Post. Read below...

Nokia Camera returns to the store, rebranded as Lumia Camera | Windows Central
"Lumia Camera replaces Nokia Camera, while the Classic version is actually the Nokia Camera Beta. An odd way of doing things, but Classic is targeted for hardware without the Denim firmware update. Both apps are currently sat on version 4.9.1.2 and as touched on above, there aren't any noticeable changes in the two new updates."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb