Pictures + Videos Taken With My Lumia 830

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
A handheld shot with 4 second shutter speed is never going to be sharp no matter how still you think you are standing. Even 1 second is probably enough to introduce some softness even if you have OIS.

humantic

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I know this wasn't aimed at me but i have an issue with ProShot myself on the 830, it just force closes on me when i try & take a picture, tried to change most settings but nothing so far seems to help, resetting camera or doing soft resets change nothing either. Not sure what the issue might be but it feels like ProShot might be less compatible with the 830.

I had this same problem and the developer on a post about an update said to uninstall, restart and install again. Doing that fixed the problem for me and I'm able to use it again.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem and the developer on a post about an update said to uninstall, restart and install again. Doing that fixed the problem for me and I'm able to use it again.

same. Happened to me just once and while taking some long exposure pictures. Fine since then.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
A handheld shot with 4 second shutter speed is never going to be sharp no matter how still you think you are standing. Even 1 second is probably enough to introduce some softness even if you have OIS.

True. The only way I found to achieve any kind of sharp shot with long exposure and no tripod is to hold the phone against a solid fixed surface.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Bit more editing on these, still the 830 snapping away.
Very nice shots! Are the wide pano shots taken with a pano app or cropped?
This phone is most definitely becoming my daily shooter, I don't see the need for a compact camera anymore, advanced or not. I own an Olympus XZ-1, not used for a little while now...

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Very nice shots! Are the wide pano shots taken with a pano app or cropped?
This phone is most definitely becoming my daily shooter, I don't see the need for a compact camera anymore, advanced or not. I own an Olympus XZ-1, not used for a little while now...

These where taken with normal camera app and cropped, no pano/stitching.

looks like Tatran mountains in Slovakia to me :smile:

I can't say i know of them but i will have to take a look now :excited: these are actually part of a mountain range in S?len here in Sweden

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Superb photos, Tellus82! Were these taken at Auto settings? I'm finding more and more these days that Auto isn't always good results.

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Superb photos, Tellus82! Were these taken at Auto settings? I'm finding more and more these days that Auto isn't always good results.

Thank's, alot of the pictures i have posted here have been taken using auto, some with manual ISO, shutter, focus and wb, mind you i tend to avoid setting all of them at once (i know too little about photography for that), so in most shots the settings might mostly be auto with one or two on manual.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Also, we have the timer option. So once you find a flat surface and since our phones are more flat on the edges, you can put the timer on, put your phone on the flat surface and then slightly hit the on screen camera button.

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Do you people think its worth purchasing ProShot? I have the trial and don't see a lot of difference in the photos between that and the Nokia Camera. Still need to try it out in different scenarios, though.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you people think its worth purchasing ProShot? I have the trial and don't see a lot of difference in the photos between that and the Nokia Camera. Still need to try it out in different scenarios, though.
On my HTC 8x ProShot was a necessity, but I find using the native Nokia camera app is quite sufficient for the moment, and I really like the "living image" feature... Time will tell if I still use ProShot.
On the other hand, ProShot is just $2.49 - I didn't even think twice about it and just bought it when I found it. It's most probably the best camera app out there and it gets regular updates. Such a stellar app rightly deserves your patronage!

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought ProShot just now, had the trial for a bit and i find the app quite usefull, well mainly for one reason, HDR. I will have to do some testing to see if there is any quality difference between ProShot & Nokia camera on normal shots. The app is pretty cheap so even if i don't use it much it's not the end of all things.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It's a very artificial, neon blue...ISO 400.
But I think my OIS isn't working properly. I hold my cam really steady, but still they are blurry many times. I keep an eye on the shutter speed as well, its always under half a second but still blurry!

Attachments

• WP_20141101_18_31_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141101_18_31_25_Pro.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 91

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
But I think my OIS isn't working properly. I hold my cam really steady, but still they are blurry many times. I keep an eye on the shutter speed as well, its always under half a second but still blurry!

I hear you, bro!Same with me too. Despite people saying that OIS can only do so much, I have expected more. Still get blurry pictures with reasonably steady shots!

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

half a second is pretty long exposure even when You "think" You're holding the camera steady. Consider how small the camera module is and imagine how small the range is then. It takes me 3-4 tries to get a crisp photo on 1/4+ seconds exposure (ISO 200-400). On competition phones this is not even remotely possible without ISOs over 800.

Anyway it's worth a try returning Your phone.

oshea

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Took these today with the HDR Photo Camera app on the 830: just trying to test some things out on it. I mainly focus on HDR on my DSLR photography work and wanted to see what a phone can do. I will be getting a holder for it later, but for today I just set the phone up right on its edge and did a timer on it, to steady it for the HDR.
2014_11_03_12_13_33_HDR(4).jpg
2014_11_03_13_17_40_HDR(1).jpg
2014_11_03_13_16_29_HDR(2).jpg
I was happy with the results, seeing that the picture was taken and proceed on the phone itself. Will definitely be happy with these types of results when I am not able to bring my bulky Canon DSLR.
For comparison here is one I took with my Canon. The 830 camera is not a DSLR, but it sill does very well.
HDR_OsehaTrain_medium_size.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire